Hopefully it’s last KUTA appearance

Graham77

Here we go, finally time to get this build finished before starting on a busy 2020!

37755456754_0e5046d804_b.jpg

Both the glider and the Bulldog are now complete and it’s just the Harrier to finish. As can be seen the kit is virtually done and after nearly 10 years on the shelf it has naturally weathered itself. Sadly photobucket has the original pictures (yep it goes back to when they stopped us using them) but the finishing touches will be the weapons load and a base with a few vehicles and some characters. I’ll fish out the original build pics and hopefully have some more to show with the weapons load in the next week. The jet is modelled on a development jet I was lucky enough to work on, as an under graddie in 1999, doing some early Brimstone trials prior to its cancellation.

More to follow soon

Graham

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Well, I don’t think it will get finished but the biggest hurdle has been passed with the completion of the 12 Brimstones in a lovely black and yellow flight test colour scheme. I may get the jet all loaded up in time for the end but it also needs a base with some figures and a couple of tow trucks and trolleys for the spare stores.

at the beginning:

49394618637_ee3d72cb6f_b.jpg

at the end:

49393957223_f05782e2ab_b.jpg

a combination of much masking and hand painting with a lot of tidying up. Overall I’m happy and looking forward to finally getting the jet complete and the base started!

Cheers for looking

Graham

• Like 5

It’s only taken me 5 years to get round to painting them. Ended up going on a business trip with a bit of free time in a hotel and just took them and a pot of black paint, glass of wine and a good movie! Now I just need to get them attached and see how it all looks!

• Like 1

Writing down jobs really works! After I posted I got the jet out and put it all together.

49444909788_59ef834d4c_b.jpg

And the other side.

49445394121_63e7c6fa86_b.jpg

Now it just needs some more weathering and touch up painting and it’ll be ready to take its place in the middle of a little scene I’d like to make of it during the missile trials back in the summer of 99! With any luck I’ll get the painting finished in time for the end of this and maybe some of the tractors and trolleys to give you an idea of what the next 5 years hold for this project😉🤷‍♂️

• Like 3