Revels 1/48 Tornado F3 ADV

Mutley

8 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Thanks Don, They are quite rewarding when they go right. I convertd a GR1 to a GR4, wasn't a lot to do in the end, it depends how far into the rabbit hole you want to go. Have you a thread going? like to see it.

Here"s the link to my thread:

I have now got the green camo on, some minor touch ups to do. The front pilot came out. The location for the ejection seat is vague and, next time I will put them in before closing up the front end.

• 1 month later...

Oh, blimey, has it been that long since an update?

I started June off with insomnia, which meant I could get some work done in the cool of the morning. Ii was able to be productive, took me about 4 back aching hours, starting in the dark and watching the sun rise, hearing the birds tweeting- how they use phones I don't know. All those markings, and I've not even started on the plane itself!

6rAnMe9.jpg

All glossed, ready for markings.
KvpzQje.jpg

As you can tell, I've been focussing on one airframe a bit too much lately, must try to bring #2 upto pace.

• Like 2

Moving on from getting the weapons all marked, it was time for No1 Airframe.Can I have new eyes please! Oh, and a back, and some patience!! Lots of Bloody Patience!

All the common markings:

wXMCAVp.jpgjyDnIKZ.jpg

Ignore the colour scheme, I just need the markings map.

I think this took me 2 sittings to get this far, 1 more sitting after that, and she was done. I know I was!. 

VXkkrZU.jpg

At least with 1/72 builds, I can escape all the stencils if I so wish, and it not be as noticeable as 1/48, 

Slow progress, and as my build area is a conservatory, I need it to be a touch cooler before I can enjoy doing any meaningful build work.
The answer? a portable Air "Conditioner" (AKA Big fan with a water tub to 'cool' a room) and life is good.

• Like 3

Not much to add, bit I got the duel tanks for T1 done today. 

9WEnXXP.jpg

Tonka 2 is now on its legs, just needs to gloss. 

What has arrived are some resin wheels, the kit ones are just awful. Each day is a step forward 

Started on the undercarriage lighting, this little bugger disappeared. I was resigned to having to raid another kit, when i found it - stuck to the finger, All hail the superglue! 

TJL8ck1.jpg     JsCK8F0.jpg

There she is, starting to look like she should.

LXuQKyk.jpg

Canopy de-masked, and this was the New Ware masks, so sadly I needed to do a fair bit of paint removing and clean up, spo out with Tamiya compounds.

TJX6xV4.jpg

Clear parts got a coat of Tamiya Clear, HUD in place, lighting to be added, I just have a fear I'll knock them off.

C2o0CCE.jpg

And that's caught up on No1, almost. Time to add the squadron markings, and today's effort, is brought to you by the numbers 5 and 6, and the words ugger and ollocks!

56Sqn markings going on. One side OK - The other, not so. 

pLGbTqP.jpgVVEhIX3.jpg

And of course I've already bastardised the sheets I have, so no spares. Off to buy a replacement.

• Like 1