This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

depressed lemur

Bolton IPMS Show

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

.....................the Bolton Show is a great show to visit being easy to drive to (find) and easy parking

Duncan B

Even for you Duncan?!! :whistle:

16 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Even for you Duncan?!! :whistle:

You know my directional instability is purely down to my Navigator not being used to being able to see out of windows! (that and the constant bombardment during the journey of why I should stock model submarines and ships)

Duncan B

Don't forget that the show is tomorrow.

it will be good to see you guys there,  we even have a make and take organised, so if you have a youngster who gets a little bored, get them up the mezzanine for a bit of quiet time.

52 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

packed and ready to roll 

likewise

So - How do I find you guys...

Woo Hoo, I'll be there.  I will be wearing a rather snazzy Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club T Shirt, and a pink carnation.....!!  😉

Is it wrong to suggest it starts at 10.30.....

Gives me half an hour to dash round and grab the bargains before the fisticuffs start!:whistle:

Good luck everyone and remember it's not life and death.

See you tomorrow. 

Well, set up has finally finished,  and what a trial that was. Still, we are ready for a show tomorrow. You will find me dotting about throughout the day,  making sure thing run smoothly. See you all there

I’ve not been to any show for years now, but hoping to go tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll be be a great show.

Edited by Filler

Well it's 11am & I've only just fell out of bed.  I've had a peek outside and the car is covered in an inch of frost - but it's a lovely sunny day.  I think I'll set off to Bolton about 1pm - so see you later folks.

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

Well it's 11am & I've only just fell out of bed.  I've had a peek outside and the car is covered in an inch of frost - but it's a lovely sunny day.  I think I'll set off to Bolton about 1pm - so see you later folks.

Enjoy the show - I haven't been since we moved down south about 8 years ago (Last time I went it was still at the previous school venue).

5 minutes ago, badger said:

Enjoy the show - I haven't been since we moved down south about 8 years ago (Last time I went it was still at the previous school venue).

I went to the last one they did at the school - parking was a bit 'crammed' - but well marshalled by the ATC cadets.  Now it's at the stadium parking is a doddle & the hall is massive - there are also stands up on the first floor balcony - I really must get showered and dressed first though - I'm sat here squandering another Sunday.

Catch you later - Steve

Hi long time no post.

Have just been to the Bolton Show, which was great, however clumsy nugget me did not realise that my wedding ring came off. :(

So if anyone finds a small silver palladium ring wedding ring, its mine and could you please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Knikki

Just got back.

Great show.

Don't know why 'official' Airfix turned up though. They put zero effort into that stand. Twas a disgrace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just got back myself - congratulations to the organisers and clubs that attended - some smashing displays!!!

My only purchase...

IMG-6714.jpg

...so it looks like the Kubelwagen is going to be German Grey :lol:

the only downside was that model tools / little cars didn't have any headlights with them - which was my main reason for going.  I spoke to Paul and he shrugged and said the display stand had fallen to bits :shrug:

Never mind - great show anyway and the new Airfix Moth looks good - I shall have to have one of those.

Thanks to @depressed lemur and all the others who made the show happen :goodjob:

Steve

Not long got back from the show, thoroughly enjoyed myself, no kits bought, just some paints and brushes and a couple of reduced books now in the custody of Mrs T until three weeks today. Met a couple of BM'ers and ex Sheffield branch members. 

Congratulations and thanks to the organisers for a good show. 

Agreed, ditto re buying - two cheap magazines and one of the Model Art Jetstream sheets.  As an ex-HP apprentice from the period, I pretty well had to. but as was said "...you want the best, don't you?"

The Airfix stand was a bit basic, but the two representatives were talkative and the 1/48 Tiger Moth was on show - we can get too spoilt.

12 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Agreed, ditto re buying - two cheap magazines and one of the Model Art Jetstream sheets.  As an ex-HP apprentice from the period, I pretty well had to. but as was said "...you want the best, don't you?"

The Airfix stand was a bit basic, but the two representatives were talkative and the 1/48 Tiger Moth was on show - we can get too spoilt.

Graham - did you notice there were 2 moths - the one on the left hand side of the bench had a funny thing attached to the tail - the one on the right hand side didn't - for a moth amateur - I wondered what it was.

The guy who was manning the stand was indeed very chatty & very engaging - but unfortunately he was very busy engaging with other folk - so I never got to ask the question - good on yer lad - I'll tell your bosses you were doing a good job!!!

I noticed that there were two Moths, but they were some odd scale so I didn't pay them any attention.  Could these have been the anti-spin strakes that were attached to some Tigers?

Edited by Graham Boak

First time at Bolton for Washington Model Club but would love to come back next year. Brilliant show with the best selection of traders and club displays I’ve seen at a one day show in years. Great venue, a little cold down stairs but we were lucky enough to be upstairs. Big thanks to all the organisers 👍

Brian

Another great show, well done to the organisers, now looking forward to the Nantwich show next month!

Sounds like you lot forgot to take your wallets 😁

Duncan B

Thanks to the fine chaps at Bolton IPMS for a great show, a great start to the modelling show year.