Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

depressed lemur

Bolton IPMS Show

Recommended Posts

Hi all in Britmodeller Land (No passport needed as yet)

 

Just a quick reminder that the show circuit will begin again next year with the Bolton IPMS Show on the 19th January at the Bolton Football Club University of Bolton Stadium (ex Reebok / Macron) just off Junction 6 on the M61, or a short walk (5 minutes) from the Horwich Parkway railway station.  

 

The list of confirmed traders is as below.  As promised, we are definitely bigger than last year.  There should be something for everyone here.

 

Capture show

 

 

List of traders confirmed for the show.

ABC Brushes

Affinity Models

AMS Paints and Accessories

Antics

Aviation & Military Book Centre

Avid Reader (Bookworld)

Bash Models

Quartermaster Collectables

Blackbird Models

Artists Brushes 4 U

Coastal Craft

Coastal kits

EBMA Hobby and Craft

Falcon Aviation

Flory PM

Friendship Models

Halifax Modellers World

IPMS UK EC

Kit Krazy

Kits Kits

Klassic Kits

Leigh Models & Hobbies

Modelling Tools .co.uk (Little Cars)

Masterclub

Mitch's Military Models

Model Art

Modelcraft Hobbies

Models for Sale

Moto Bitz

MJR Models and Hobbies

Mr Lees Minis

Mr Models

Northstar Models

Oakwood Studios

Paul Davies

Plastic Hobbies

Ruste Models

S&M Models

SK Miniatures

Squires Tools

The Crafting Well

Tiger Hobbies

Tirydium Models

Transport Models

Treemendous.

 

 

Edited by depressed lemur
update

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are proud to let you guys know that we have another confirmed visitor / stand at our show this year.

 

Airfix have confirmed attendance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lemur please don't be depressed. Sail on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brilliant show, looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 20:16, depressed lemur said:

We are proud to let you guys know that we have another confirmed visitor / stand at our show this year.

 

Airfix have confirmed attendance.

WOW - That's a bit of a coup isn't it - any idea what they will have on show?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have not had confirmation of what they will be bringing, but we believe it will get similar to the Telford stand. Hopefully with further updates on last week's announcement of the new ranges. We understand that at least two of the developers will be in attendance and will answer any questions they are allowed to.

There is also a make and take in operation on the mezzanine with kits supplied by Airfix,  so we should be able to keep the younger modellers happy.

 

We will have onsite catering,  they have been told to bring lots of bacon for butties. And a bar is available. 

 

Hope to see you at the show 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking forward to this. My first Bolton show, my first attendance with a club and a great list of traders. Can't wait.

 

Cheers,

 

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All being well, I intend to go to the show as it within driving range for me straight off the M62. Looks to be good show and not too far from my birthday to buy something for Mrs T to give me back three weeks later. Hpoe to see fellow BMers there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see you there Mr T. As the club treasurer I will be visible on the day looking stressed. If you happen across me (the shirt says LEMUR) please feel free to stop and chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr.T, there'll be more than a few BM'ers on the North Riding / Coastal Command / Northern England Airfields tables.

We could probably find you a chair, if it all becomes too much!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been to a model show as an 'adult' and I am hoping to make it here on Sunday.  Please don't let me buy anything though as my loft is already full of kits.....!!!

 

Phil 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Booty003 said:

I have never been to a model show as an 'adult' and I am hoping to make it here on Sunday.  Please don't let me buy anything though as my loft is already full of kits.....!!!

 

Phil 

I shall watch out for a very small adult wearing a green beret. :lol:.hope you have a great time, see you there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be there with SIG144, do come and have a look at the detail and variation possible in small scale models - they are great fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim R-T-C said:

I'll be there with SIG144, do come and have a look at the detail and variation possible in small scale models - they are great fun.

I will certainly pop round.  I also know how much fun they can be

20191020_201415

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bolton has never been on my list of shows but seeing how many are going to be there I might need to rethink it.

 

I would much prefer it if it was held on a Saturday though. Don't suppose there is any chance of them changing it is there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gordon J with the exception of Telford and the Scottish Nationals, both being 'two day' events, I only know of a couple that are held on a Saturday in the UK.

By date there's Sword and Lance in Darlington, end of March and the Plymouth show at the end of June.

Doubt if Bolton IPMS would even contemplate switching day, this in part being due to the venue, it's the Bolton Wanderers FC Ground and it's been a Sunday for the last twenty years, it reaches it's majority this weekend!

Short answer I think will be NO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

@Gordon J with the exception of Telford and the Scottish Nationals, both being 'two day' events, I only know of a couple that are held on a Saturday in the UK.

By date there's Sword and Lance in Darlington, end of March and the Plymouth show at the end of June.

Doubt if Bolton IPMS would even contemplate switching day, this in part being due to the venue, it's the Bolton Wanderers FC Ground and it's been a Sunday for the last twenty years, it reaches it's majority this weekend!

Short answer I think will be NO!

Dundee is a Saturday, as is Glasgow, Scale Scotland and the Highland Model Show, Aberdeen too. We are a very religious lot north of the Border so Sunday is for going to the Pub....erm no, to church.

 

Duncan B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Dundee is a Saturday, as is Glasgow, Scale Scotland and the Highland Model Show, Aberdeen too. We are a very religious lot north of the Border so Sunday is for going to the Pub....erm no, to church.

 

Duncan B

Duncan please make your mind up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KITCAT said:

Duncan please make your mind up!

OK Pub it is then :drink:

 

Duncan B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Scot I am a bit surprised that all these model shows that happen south of the border are on a Sunday. I have never been to a model show on a Sunday. As Duncan B has posted above all the Scottish shows are a Saturday and a Saturday surely offers a better public transport service should one choose to travel to a model show that way.

 

Maybe 2020 will be the year I break my Sunday model show virginity.

 

Anyway whichever day it is held on I hope everyone enjoys the show at Bolton. Well done to the show organisers as the traders list is very impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is that Sunday is more popular nowadays is that a) venues are easier to book for Sundays and b) it suits people's domestic arrangements better.

When I was a lad nothing happened on a Sunday apart from being sent to Sunday School and either relatives coming to  visit or visting them and so the only upside was the food and oh the tedium of having to  listen to relatives talking about boring things (to a small boy anyway) with the odd bit of casual racism and homophobia thrown in for good measure. 

Edited by Mr T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gordon J said:

As a Scot I am a bit surprised that all these model shows that happen south of the border are on a Sunday. I have never been to a model show on a Sunday. As Duncan B has posted above all the Scottish shows are a Saturday and a Saturday surely offers a better public transport service should one choose to travel to a model show that way.

 

Maybe 2020 will be the year I break my Sunday model show virginity.

 

Anyway whichever day it is held on I hope everyone enjoys the show at Bolton. Well done to the show organisers as the traders list is very impressive.

If you can make it down there Gordon the Bolton Show is a great show to visit being easy to drive to (find) and easy parking, lots of space between the stands and lots of them. It's just a shame it's so soon after Christmas as most folk haven't been paid since before Xmas and it is noticeable.

 

Duncan B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...