1/32 Revell_Lynx_HMA.8

Nice model of the Lynx HMA.8.

I actually saw this very airframe on board HMS Iron Duke during a port visit to Tallinn in 2016. It was grounded at the time - earlier in the week the pilot had overstressed the airframe during a violent evasive manoeuvre during an exercise and cracked the windscreen. You can see that the cracked portion has a markedly different hue to that on the port side. I also like the fact that you did not overly weather the airframe. As you can see from the photos this aircraft was kept pretty clean and in spite of being at sea for some weeks before the photos were taken.

Well Done, Sir !

IMG_9735

IMG_9746

IMG_9744

• Like 11

Lovely little model. The paint looks just right. 

If the pilot pulled enough 'G's' to delaminate the windscreen, I imagine she was due for a rotorhead and gearbox change and a good check of the airframe too.

39 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Lovely little model. The paint looks just right. 

If the pilot pulled enough 'G's' to delaminate the windscreen, I imagine she was due for a rotorhead and gearbox change and a good check of the airframe too.

Got it in one......It was going to be an expensive repair/overhaul

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it's 1/32, thanks for reminding me, I updated the title to reflect this.

@Tiger331 Haha, I was tempted to give this bird a good weathering, but in the end opted against it. As you said, these birds were kept in pretty good condition. Thanks for the kind words everyone :)

• Like 1

Thats an outstanding build and finish Daneel,this kit is big,well detailed and(at least here in the UK) cheap in all it's releases yet

sadly we don't see many completed.Great job!

Very nice indeed,.... but I don`t remember Lynx rotor blades drooping like that,...... I may be wrong but they always seemed to be straight?

Cheers

Tony