This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

little-cars

Hamex Kit Swap Sunday 24th Novemberer 2019

Just a reminder that Sunday is the Hamex Kit swap. We are full this year, loads of bargains, onsite cateriing & modellers to chat to. see www.hamex.co.uk for more details. Entry is £2. Doors open at 10am.  see www,hamex.co.uk for full details.

Paul

just a quick trip down the road and iv'e been given permission to get some more kits from the boss 

One of my favourite shows. Quite small, yet really packed with goodies. I got there for 10.00 and paid my £2.00 entrance. Less than half an hour later I was skint and had to raid the local cashpoint!

Matt Irvine had his new book on his stand and it looked very good indeed. Haynes Manual in style and packed with nice clear pictures. I couldn't buy one on the day as the kits led me astray, but I'll be picking one up at some point.

Tony James robbed me of the FROG Airship that was rightfully mine! He got to it a millisecond before me. Some days you eat the Bear, some days he eats you. It was good to catch up with Tony regardless.

Here's my haul. The highlight for me was the Revell picture box lot. I'm slowly aquiring the set, they were that bit more expensive than Airfix bagged kits when I were a nipper, 2/3d vs 2/-, all the difference in the world to my pocket money at the time. It's a trip down memory lane to find this lot all in one place. The Fokker E111 in the middle, with the pilots head bottom left is my favourite.

IMG-0074.jpg

IMG-0075.jpg

IMG-0076.jpg

Very reasonable prices got me repeatedly saying to myself " I can't let that one go, not at that price" I could easily have doubled my takeaways but my wallet couldn't take any more.

I'll be back for the next one for sure.

Tony.

Edited by TonyW