Trumpeter 1/35 KV-1S

3 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Nicely done Roger, great painting and weathering.  Good practice for next years T 34 GB. :whistle:

Thanks very much Bob.

I did think about that group build and if I had a T34 in the stash I would have been in but common sense prevailed for once and I resisted the temptation to buy one specifically for it.

Roger. 

7 minutes ago, Roger Newsome said:

I resisted the temptation to buy one specifically for it.

I have a few in the stash to choose from so no expense incurred. though I did buy some T 34 Masterclub tracks at Telford.  Always liked a bit of Soviet armour. 😉

• Like 1

Hi Roger,

I am glad to see this finished model, very good appearance, its modulation and tones along with the weathering, make it look very real.
Like the other mate, I also have a predilection for Soviet AFVs, although I don't know why ... lol.

Cheers Roger:goodjob:

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Roger,

I am glad to see this finished model, very good appearance, its modulation and tones along with the weathering, make it look very real.
Like the other mate, I also have a predilection for Soviet AFVs, although I don't know why ... lol.

Cheers Roger:goodjob:

Thank you very much Francis. 

I know exactly what you mean about Soviet AFV's and now I have the same predilection towards those of Imperial Japan. 😂

Everyone to there own I guess, struggle to get enthused about either Russian or Japanese, saying that I do have a JSU 152 somewhere...

Anyway your Kv 1 looks terrific. With your painting and weathering, you've succeeded in conveying that look of heavy metal with a metallic sheen. The oily and sooty exhaust stains are very much in keeping.

Great work

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Everyone to there own I guess, struggle to get enthused about either Russian or Japanese, saying that I do have a JSU 152 somewhere...

Anyway your Kv 1 looks terrific. With your painting and weathering, you've succeeded in conveying that look of heavy metal with a metallic sheen. The oily and sooty exhaust stains are very much in keeping.

Great work

Darryl 

Thanks very much Darryl.

I find myself drawn to all kinds of subjects, aircraft and AFV's but oddly enough not ships. Don't get me wrong I like seeing and admiring other peoples and find them interesting but haven't actually felt the urge to build one myself....... yet.

I like the rain/dirt marks on the front plate, and on turret.

Colour modulation on fuel barrels is also visible and nice detail to break one-colour camouflage.

Did you make steel rough texture on mantlet 'cheeks', or it was manufactured by Trumpeter?

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2019 at 2:26 PM, srkirad said:

I like the rain/dirt marks on the front plate, and on turret.

Colour modulation on fuel barrels is also visible and nice detail to break one-colour camouflage.

Did you make steel rough texture on mantlet 'cheeks', or it was manufactured by Trumpeter?

Thank you.

The texture is moulded onto the kit parts. 👍🏼

Roger. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, stevehnz said:

that gun looks way to small for it though.

I think the trouble with the KV-1S is that the whole turret looks too small for the hull, compared to other versions.  To my eye the best-looking KV-1 is the welded up-armoured Ehkranami.  Looks the part.  Then again, the KV-85 looks even better.

But it was quite a lot of tank for not much gun and the history of KV-1 vs T-34 for production primacy is tangled and internecine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

history of KV-1 vs T-34 for production primacy is tangled and internecine.

It makes for some interesting reading, I now know a little more of Soviet tank lore than I did an hour ago. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

The determined proletarian engineer who used to work in a sweet factory vs the less-than-proletarian son-in-law of the Defence Minister, who he fawningly named his tank after.  One's tank worked well and was revolutionary, the other's not so much...................  Koshkin was betting against a spell in a Gulag, if not a firing squad.  You couldn't write that stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very nice Roger. The turret does look a little small for the hull (in reality, not Trumpeter's interpretation), but the KV.85 does look the bizz. I've got one in the "future projects" cupboard.

John.

17 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Very nice Roger. The turret does look a little small for the hull (in reality, not Trumpeter's interpretation), but the KV.85 does look the bizz. I've got one in the "future projects" cupboard.

John.

Thanks very much John.

I'm working on the 1/35 Fine Molds Type 95 Ha Go at the moment but unfortunately unable to post and photos due to our wifi upgrade actually being more of a downgrade.

This is the fourth time I've tried posting a reply to you. 😫

Roger. 

• Like 1