1/32 Max Immelmann Eindecker II by WNW

That looks beautiful, especially the cowling and metalwork areas. How did you do that, brush painted the pattern? I'm intrigued!

I've asked Santa to bring me this very kit for Christmas, and am looking forward to it even more now having seen this.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thanks OutcastJoel.  The metal plate on the wing under cockpit was a photoetch piece provided by WNW.  They are great models.  Zero tolerances however.  Cant have paint on the fitting surfaces otherwise the fit is too tight!  Rigging is easy with EZ line but challenging with flat wire which British planes usually require.  RB productions however provide the necessary flat wire rigging.

On 11/24/2019 at 6:12 PM, Viking said:

That looks beautiful, especially the cowling and metalwork areas. How did you do that, brush painted the pattern? I'm intrigued!

I've asked Santa to bring me this very kit for Christmas, and am looking forward to it even more now having seen this.

Cheers

John

Thanks Viking

the way to paint the cowling was provided by WNWings themselves on their website. Lots of useful info there including hints and tips. The cowling was done with 2 different enamel paints. The base in Aluminium I think and by brush silver was painted.