Heller 1:72 Mirage IV A...... mostly filler!!!

Another one that i picked up a while ago,  so thought i may as well have a stab! Had read how bad the fit was so bought some extra filler, glad i did...... the fuselage halves dont seem to be the same height, and pretty much everything needed filler(which is my least favourite part of this hobby, so didnt do it as well as i should really!!) . I liked the cockpit though 😀

Anyway, finished as No.61 of the Armee De L'Air, not the best of pics as it started to rain again!!!!

49104377307_5bbb1d367b_b.jpgHeller 1.72 Mirage IV A 61-8 by Jonathan Francis, on Flickr

49104189521_e289fbf226_b.jpgHeller 1.72 Mirage IV A 61-7 by Jonathan Francis, on Flickr

49104377277_219734335a_b.jpgHeller 1.72 Mirage IV A 61-10 by Jonathan Francis, on Flickr

49104377157_164c5cd530_b.jpgHeller 1.72 Mirage IV A 61-13 by Jonathan Francis, on Flickr

49104189601_1659bb1379_b.jpgHeller 1.72 Mirage IV A 61-2 by Jonathan Francis, on Flickr

49103680113_0987d6c6d1_b.jpgHeller 1.72 Mirage IV A 61-6 by Jonathan Francis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Jon

• Like 44

• 2 weeks later...

Jon

What colours did you use for the grey? 

Heller indicate Humbrol 27 sea grey. 

My reference seem to show undersides a lighter grey, but camo grey different shade similar to H27.  Hope that makes sense. 

Doing the French 3 R camera jobbie. 

Cheers. 

Very nice job, especially as the fit isn't the greatest on the Heller kit, but yours has turned out very well. A&A Models released one in 1/72 a while back, and it looks like a revised Heller kit, with better detail parts and scribed panel lines as compared to the original. See the attached video review and make your own judgment. I agree with CFFU that the IVA is the most beautiful delta weenie cooker ever. The airplane late in life had a lot of sensors and jamming/chaff pods added, and I think somebody in the aftermarket did them- not sure from the sprue shots in the video if the revised kit has them, but they really bottom to the look of a finished model. (This would be a good candidate for a new-tool from Azur-Fromm!)

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1kznK11sL0

On 12/3/2019 at 3:49 PM, Hairtrigger said:

Jon

What colours did you use for the grey? 

Heller indicate Humbrol 27 sea grey. 

My reference seem to show undersides a lighter grey, but camo grey different shade similar to H27.  Hope that makes sense. 

Doing the French 3 R camera jobbie. 

Cheers. 

Thanks for all the comments 👍

I used Mr Hobby 330 (Dark green) and 331 (Dark Sea grey) as it seemed close enough to the photos i was using!! I reckon thats probably quite close to Humbrol 163/164 which are the RAF Camo colours if i remember correctly.....

Jon

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...