Jeannin Stahltaube WnW + Steven Robson`s Spokes 1/32

Xmald

I started with painting the fuselage CDL bits. I`ve sprayed them with XF-57 mixed with brown and white, in order to make them less uniform.
I`ve also tried something new - I wanted to give the texture to the painted CDL, so using the crayons I`ve simulated the fabric weave.

ynoW8gD.jpg

DwG9MDj.jpg

82FL4IF.jpg 

0QkDghT.jpg 

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I carried on with the cockpit. I`ve finished the instrument panel along with the firewall. I`ve replaced the starting magneto with the resin one by Taurus Models. The seats have been painted as well. Finally, before I could proceed with the assembly, I`ve prepared the rudder pedals, the main petrol tank and the control column. 
IUnUYMK.jpg
yqUqojM.jpg
7OgBsjw.jpg
WVHgGbE.jpg
P1Wk00W.jpg
qJFEzEz.jpg
TPeyPZn.jpg
0UqC1JT.jpg
n6LEodr.jpg
W5Lh8nm.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The fuselage halves are closed. I`ve also painted the airframe. The wings and the tailplane were a challenge. I wanted to make them to appear transluscent as in the reference pictures. It took a lot of kabuki tape and some patience. But I think it was worth the effort. Many thanks to Krzysztof Tengli for the masks for the markings - they were absolutely great!
Time for weathering and undercarriage.

7FJrAlR.jpg
JcReEM6.jpg
llxZuNo.jpg
HkgTBAa.jpg
njYAgFH.jpg
kMb3tOO.jpg
hUfQcWQ.jpg
cNjEgFv.jpg
SpbPt3Y.jpg
DiDtTkC.jpg
fIDjgfl.jpg
dtGu99b.jpg
9SCYWbP.jpg
JJqGFlv.jpg
3GFzgRS.jpg
ArzgSi2.jpg
KNv0JZq.jpg
Ug8iHzd.jpg

• Like 2

That looks superb.

I love taubes but they’re a bit scary to model. I should still have a book detailing all the taubes somewhere in the attic, must try and dig it out, there were literally hundreds ( well maybe not that many) including passenger models with enclosed cabins and even biplane versions afair

Edited by Marklo

• 2 weeks later...

Since the last update I`ve attached the engine bay rigging using the Gaspatch 1/48 scale turnbuckles and EZ line. When it comes to the landing gear I`ve used the fishing line instead of the EZ line - it gives so much to the structural rigidity of the undercarriage. Finally, I could use the absolutely magnificent Steven Robson`s spoked wheels. They are like little jewels, I can only hope my model is worth them. And finally, the radiators have been installed. 

xXWjwX2.jpg
d0332Ws.jpg
jgqTxZY.jpg
rSPVYhm.jpg

W2EfKFL.jpg

• Like 5

Jaw dropping stuff there. Inspiring and deflating all at the same time :D  Inspiring as I want to run off and do a WWW model but knowing the mountains to climb to get anywhere near being on the same planet as such a fantastic build. 
Thanks for showing though and one day, one day :D