IBG 1/72 Type 89 & Type 94

The past week or so has been a bit unsettled to say the least. On 12th we discovered our dog, Maisie, had cancer. Advanced and aggressive was how the vet described it so the inevitable happened. 😥

A new puppy very soon arrived on the scene which I'm sure will raise a few eyebrows, I'm certain it has around here but it was the best course of action for us.

Anyway as you can imagine modelling hasn't been at the top of my agenda. When I have sat down at the bench my heart hasn't really been in it but I have battled through to get some primer on these two which were started before mayhem descended. 

There's some mistakes and I managed to break all the tools of the Type 94 getting them off the sprue but they might look ok when they've got some paint on.

Here's a couple of pics of how they're looking at the moment. The primer/basecoat is a mixture of black and grey Mr Finishing Surfacer.

20191121_194236

20191121_194322

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Roger I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your family pet Maisie, they are part of ones family and any loss is heartily felt.

Its great that you have a puppy which will help fill the void.

BTW the two models are coming along nicely.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kurt Knispel said:

Roger I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your family pet Maisie, they are part of ones family and any loss is heartily felt.

Its great that you have a puppy which will help fill the void.

BTW the two models are coming along nicely.

Thank you Kevin, that's very much appreciated. Heartbroken doesn't even begin to describe it. That probably sounds strange to a non dog lover but I'm sure there's plenty of people here who can relate. Maisie was at the Wear veterinary hospital which is pretty close to where you are. The new bundle of fur and sharp teeth has given us something to concentrate on and smile about. 🦈

I was going to do separate and more detailed build threads for these two but things didn't quite go as planned. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

There's  nothing that I can say that would sound adequate. I've been there at least a half a dozen times over the years. I hope that the new fella is helping to fill the void.

John.

Thank you John. 

A quick diversion from Japanese armour coming up, this is what's keeping us sane and driving us insane at the same time. Meet Grace....

received_520844718470871

• Like 9

Condolences on your loss Roger - been there myself with various pets and it's heartbreaking, especially when it's sudden.

The tanks look good though (have built the 94 and have the 89 in the stash part started). IBG have done quite a range of Japanese armour now and they're rather nice kits.

New arrival is certainly very photogenic - just dont let her near the models!

All the best 

Ben 

• Like 2

So sorry to hear of Maisie, our little fella is just turned 13 so will be on the cards. However I'm sure Grace will fill the gap, quite the little cutie. 

Good luck with the "training regime", remember really enjoying the chewing phase!

The littleJapanesepair are coming along nicely too.

All the best 

Darryl 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, badger said:

Condolences on your loss Roger - been there myself with various pets and it's heartbreaking, especially when it's sudden.

The tanks look good though (have built the 94 and have the 89 in the stash part started). IBG have done quite a range of Japanese armour now and they're rather nice kits.

New arrival is certainly very photogenic - just dont let her near the models!

All the best 

Ben 

Thank you Ben. Maisie was only 8 years old and it was only about 2 weeks from when we noticed there was something wrong till the end. At least she didn't suffer too long.

These are nice little kits and I'd probably have done a better job if my heart had been in it, the Type 89 is definitely the better of the two.

8 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

So sorry to hear of Maisie, our little fella is just turned 13 so will be on the cards. However I'm sure Grace will fill the gap, quite the little cutie. 

Good luck with the "training regime", remember really enjoying the chewing phase!

The littleJapanesepair are coming along nicely too.

All the best 

Darryl 

Thank you Darryl. Although she's still pretty young our short bursts of training are coming along well. There's a few chair and table legs with teeth marks that weren't there before but that's to be expected. I'd rather live in a house with a dog and all it entails than a show home.

I'm hoping to do some airbrushing on the little tanks during puppy nap time this afternoon. Wish me luck. 🤞😂

Roger. 

• Like 2

Hi Roger - as many have said I feel your loss of Maisie - but Grace looks like a lot of fun.  We must remember that they are all entirely different and we love each one of them in a very individual way - one never replaces another - but with a big enough heart we can love them all.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BIG X said:

Hi Roger - as many have said I feel your loss of Maisie - but Grace looks like a lot of fun.  We must remember that they are all entirely different and we love each one of them in a very individual way - one never replaces another - but with a big enough heart we can love them all.

Steve

Steve, that's a lovely sentiment, thank you. 

Roger. 

• Like 1

Hi Roger, 

Sorry to read that you had a loss, I think many of the mates know what that is.
Although I like cats more, it doesn't matter, you can't stop loving an animal that has been with you for so long (in my case 21 years), but I agree with Steve, it is impossible to stop loving a New friend, and this one has a lovely little face.

I see that you have started with something new, certainly very rare vehicles, and not seen, for me, the only downside is that they are not 1/35, but ... for tastes, colors ... lol

Cheers Roger👍

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Roger, 

Sorry to read that you had a loss, I think many of the mates know what that is.
Although I like cats more, it doesn't matter, you can't stop loving an animal that has been with you for so long (in my case 21 years), but I agree with Steve, it is impossible to stop loving a New friend, and this one has a lovely little face.

I see that you have started with something new, certainly very rare vehicles, and not seen, for me, the only downside is that they are not 1/35, but ... for tastes, colors ... lol

Cheers Roger👍

Thank you Francis. 🙂

So, I might be able to interest you with something Imperial Japanese in 1/35? 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Newsome said:

Thank you Francis. 🙂

So, I might be able to interest you with something Imperial Japanese in 1/35? 😉

Hi Roger,

I don't know if I expressed myself wrong, excuse me anyway, there is nothing wrong with that choice or scale,👍 I was referring to myself, because sometimes it is difficult for me to manipulate very small pieces in 1/35, to 1/72, I don't think I could do anything decent ... LOL.
I would like to see how to finish that pair of little ones, especially the biggest one.
At 1/35, except for Tamiya's two oldies kits, I have seen that there is a small collection of FineModels kits, which look good, but their price has taken me away from having them ... for now .. .:hmmm:

Cheers Roger :cheers:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

At 1/35, except for Tamiya's two oldies kits, I have seen that there is a small collection of FineModels kits, which look good, but their price has taken me away from having them ... for now .. .:hmmm:

I think I might be able to change your mind regarding the Fine Molds kits Francis..... fairly soon. 😉

• Like 1

Roger sorry to hear about your loss I know what it is like to loss  a good friend but that puppy will keep you busy for sure 

and the builds are coming along nicely 👍🏻

beefy 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Roger sorry to hear about your loss I know what it is like to loss  a good friend but that puppy will keep you busy for sure 

and the builds are coming along nicely 👍🏻

beefy 

Thanks very much Beefy,  that's very much appreciates.  🙂

Roger. 

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Hi Roger, apologies somehow I seamed to have missed this, good work with the camo on such a tiny canvas!

Coming along nicely.

Darryl

Thanks very much Darryl and no need to apologize. 

I'm still working away on these, and other things, but due to wifi issues can't post any pics of my progress.

trips builds in one RFI when I get home 27th.  

1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Roger,

the "little one" looks good, I imagine it will be really small, and the strips you have painted will not look so bad on that scale ...
Merry Christmas in case "see you" ... lol :santa:
Cheers Roger

Thanks Francis, have a merry Christmas!

Roger.