747 Singapore Airlines 1/200

Hello,

This is a refurbishment project I did on a Hasegawa 747 kit. I bought this kit partially assembled from 1989 and many broken and cracked pieces of plastic, glue everywhere and unfilled windows. I figured it would be a fun project and decided to put an easy livery on it.

This plane is 9V-SIB, Singapore's 2nd 747 in the fleet in 1973. It flew for about 5 different airlines, including PanAm, until being stored in Oregon in 2013 with Evergreen livery. I got to walk around the same aircraft last year and it is in great shape, but has no engines on it. I modeled my plane with very light weathering as these were immaculate at the beginning of their life in SIA fleet.

-1981 Hasegawa Air France 747-200 kit

-Classic Airlines cheatline decals

-26 Decals tail piece

-DRAW Decals wing corogards

-Tamiya and Alclad paint

-Future Foor Polish clear coat

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 28

Hi HG,

Beautiful! What a great job you've done on this. I can imagine what a mess it was when you got it but there's no sign it wasn't build fresh out of the box now.

The 70's SIA livery is such a classic and one I have on my 1/144 to do list.

Out of interest why didn't you use the tail from the Classic-airlines decal or the cheatlines from 26?

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Cheers all and thanks for the kind words. 

20 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi HG,

Beautiful! What a great job you've done on this. I can imagine what a mess it was when you got it but there's no sign it wasn't build fresh out of the box now.

The 70's SIA livery is such a classic and one I have on my 1/144 to do list.

Out of interest why didn't you use the tail from the Classic-airlines decal or the cheatlines from 26?

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Ian

Ian, 

I originally tried to use the Two-Six sheet. The cheatlines were clearly not designed for the Hasegawa kit, as they did not line up and with the fuselage whatsoever. The tail piece however fit great, so I left those on. I talked to Nick at Classic Airlines and he was able to size his SIA sheet exactly to the Hasegawa kit and sent me a sheet. Perfect fit.