Fokker D.VII (MÁG) 1/72 Eduard

Hi folks,

not a stuff I usually build, but this Fokker can't miss in my Czechoslovak AF collection. This sole Fokker D.VII was captured on communist Hungarians in those turbulent times back in 1919, repaired and put in the service with newly born CzAF where flown up to 1925 in the training role. During its service it wore quite a few camouflage and markings guises and armament and propeller installations. This one was seen on autumn 1919, having only the original form of national insignias, no guns and unique four-bladed propeller.

The Eduard kit is probably well known now and it builds really nicely. My only trouble were the lozenge decals which disintegrated several times, so hopefully that was just a printing error in my example.

Cheers

Libor

49100901186_d0a9c9af2a_c.jpg

49101099107_5a9e27908a_c.jpg

49100394658_d3bfaf8fcb_c.jpg

49101099117_b6bb1115ef_c.jpg

49100901176_f709df8cbd_c.jpg

49100394588_b50ebd533e_c.jpg

49100394558_89bfd73030_c.jpg

• Like 22

Libor,

interesting to see you went outside your comfort zone, I believe this is the first double decker I've seen from you so far.

Working with such large decal areas must be a challenge.

But, with your skill and talent you turn every kit into a masterpiece!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Magnificent results.

The finish certainly reveals none of your decal difficulties at all!

The finish on the prop blades is exemplary - so realistic!  

Your book might be well worth having, judging by your obvious abilities.

:worthy:

• Thanks 1

Thanks mates for kind comments, glad I could inspire some of you! 😁

That was first time I worked with lozenge decals and except mentioned issues with broken decals it was not that bad. They matched the parts with a reserve and worked  fine with settings solutions; e.g. on the upper wing there are four decal layers (base lozenge, rib tapes and two roundel layers) and it does not look thick.

Roman, I build the biplanes on regular basis, but this was really a first WWI subject after long time.

Cheers

Libor

• Like 1

Absolutely beautiful build Libor. I hope you do more biplanes in the future. It looks like Eduard did an excellent job with this kit. Was the four-bladed prop included with the kit? I always look forward to your new builds.

• Thanks 1