Tamiya 1/48 Sd.Kfz.232 (8 rad)

Willy

Sd.Kfz.232 (8 rad)

Tamiya 1/48

Builded mostly OOB. Very nice and enjoyable assembly kit.

I added only the headlights, new "mustaches"))), RB Model barrels and made some changes with gunmask.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Willy
  • Like 4

Hi Willy, 

Excellent rendition of a very interesting vehicle, I love how it is finished, with the right touch for my taste of weathering.
For me, the treatment of the Panzer Gray is sensational, I would love to know what paint / s you used, because I have some kit that would be painted in that color, and I am leaving it aside because I am not able to get a good result.
By the way, this post, I see it at first, without problems, but Panhard's, I can't see it ...

Cheers Willy. 👍

• Like 1

Hi Willy,

Congratulations on producing a superb 8-wheeler. I think it's all the more special for being grey, because the easier option is the desert scheme. I've not seen many grey ones and none of those have been as good as yours. Great weathering, a lovely dusty look.

Rearguards,

Baddr

• Thanks 1

On 11/22/2019 at 2:01 AM, Buzby061 said:

A great rendition of a very sleek looking vehicle. 

Pete

On 11/25/2019 at 3:58 PM, Badder said:

Hi Willy,

Congratulations on producing a superb 8-wheeler. I think it's all the more special for being grey, because the easier option is the desert scheme. I've not seen many grey ones and none of those have been as good as yours. Great weathering, a lovely dusty look.

Rearguards,

Baddr

20 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

A well produced and nicely painted model.

John.

16 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Great looking 232.  I like the dust dirt and mud splashes

Thank You friends for your kind words!

Edited by Willy

On 11/21/2019 at 8:51 PM, FrancisGL said:

By the way, this post, I see it at first, without problems, but Panhard's, I can't see it ...

Cheers Willy. 👍

Hi FrancisGL,

posted Panhard's pictures from another source for you, hope you can see it now!

Best regards! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Willy said:

Hi FrancisGL,

posted Panhard's pictures from another source for you, hope you can see it now!

Best regards! 

Hi Willy, 

yep, I can see them, very kind of you, and honestly, I love them, what a good job with camo and weatrhering.
I have a couple of French Army kits in the stash, and I don't dare with them because of the camo...:hmmm:
Any advice, how did you do yours? ...
Cheers Willy.👍

• Thanks 1

Hi Willy, 

Many thanks for your "tuto", very nice of you.👍
until the 5th photo, I am very clear what you have done, (I imagine that you have used some kind of mask to make the spots of the camo, since its edges are defined), it is in the 6th photo and from there, when it is already something "different" for me, it seems that you have clarified the camo, in some areas more than in others, but I don't know what technique you used.
And finally, you have "integrated" the color in a fantastic and very natural way, which I think can be done in several ways, although in your case, I have not been able to "discover it" ... lol.:hmmm:

Cheers Willy. 👍

• Thanks 1

Hi FrancisGL.

For camouflage on AML-90 I used Ammo Mig Camouflage MASKING PUTTY, highly recommend.

I make color modulation in two ways: first apply all camouflage and then lighten it with a highly diluted sand color (1 paint to 20-25 thinner at low pressure), I call it post lightening and if necessary, also make post shading. I did so on Panhard. The second way: color modulation for each next color of camouflage and then some sort of sand filter. I did so on CV9040B from the Academy. In every way I lighten small details (nut and bolts etc. with more light paint by brush.

Cheers!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Willy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Willy, 

Thank you very much for sharing your technique, I think I took it, my main question was what to do once you have finished the camo, so that it is convincing.
Precisely I have an unopened Mig Mask box, waiting for some model with camo.
By the way, magnificent Splinter Camo in the "Swedish".

Cheers Willy :cheers:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, FrancisGL said:

Hi Willy, 

Thank you very much for sharing your technique, I think I took it, my main question was what to do once you have finished the camo, so that it is convincing.
Precisely I have an unopened Mig Mask box, waiting for some model with camo.
By the way, magnificent Splinter Camo in the "Swedish".

Cheers Willy :cheers:

Very sorry for late answer, after painting lay of clear and decals. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Willy said:

Very sorry for late answer, after painting lay of clear and decals. Cheers!

Hi Willy,

many thanks for info, don't worry, better late than never ... lol
By the way, I have followed your advice about the technique of photos, and it has helped me a lot, now I have more clear how to make them look better, for example with my last topic (IS-2 Stalin), blank (more complicated ) and in black.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍