1/72nd Italeri Hercules C.3P long fuselage conversion,.....RAF Lyneham Transport Wing 1980`s**FINISHED**.

tonyot

18 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Looks great, and the most recent photo shows the slight tonal variations on individual panels, which I just noticed.  Kudos on a job well done!  This stretch was a bit risky, but you pulled it off well from my vantage point!

Thanks mate,..... yeah it was a risk,..... and the fit wasn`t great but hopefully I might have just got away with it,.... from certain angles at least! One of the things I remember about these Herks was the mis matched panels so I wanted to replicate it. 

11 hours ago, woody37 said:

It’s looking superb mate, just the inspiration needed for when the new kit comes out. 

Thanks bud,..... I`m looking forward to the Zvesda kit too,...any idea when it is due?  Loved your Fort by the way,..... amazing paint job and loved the nose art,... nice to see an Italian based 15th AF Fort too.

10 hours ago, Derek B said:

Nice work Tony, and good memories as well - I thought that you may have been RAF Regiment at first, but can clearly see that you are not. In a past life, I used to pack PX.4 and PX.5 parachutes (as well as heavy supply drop parachutes).

Cheers

Derek

How very dare you,...... LOL,..... no mate I got my wings up the hard way,..... but thanks to you and your mates at Hullavington for packing our chutes properly,...... I even bought a PX.4 and reserve when the MOD sold them off,...... I just love the smell of them! Glad you like the Herk Derek,.... almost there now.  

5 hours ago, heloman1 said:

Excellent result, congratulations mate.

Coin

Thanks Colin,... almost finished now.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Look like a real cracker Tony, nearly there now.

Great work

Chris

Cheers Chris,...yeah almost there!

As an aside,.... and if anybody is interested,..... here is the MC-130E Combat Talon 1 so far with Flightpath resin refuelling pods!

DSCF8712.jpg

DSCF8713.jpg

Cheers

Tony

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Well then,...... I`ve only gone and got it across the line and finished it!!! 

Props repaired and fitted,..... same with the refuelling probe and I have filled in the small windows under the windscreen with Cristal Cleer,..... having stoved the plastic ones in to allow access to the flightdeck with a small hose to blow out the plastic and filler dust, using compressed air!

So here it is;

DSCF8844-NEW.jpg

DSCF8797-NEW.jpg

DSCF8780.jpg

DSCF8782.jpg

DSCF8802-NEW-NEW-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF8818-NEW.jpg

DSCF8812-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF8803-NEW-NEW-NEW-NEW.jpg

DSCF8832-NEW.jpg

DSCF8781.jpg

Thank you to everybody for your support and for adding to this rather long build thread,...... I`ve really enjoyed it, swingling the lamp too brought back some brilliant memories,........ so cheers to you all. I will add some more pics in RFI soon,

Cheers

Tony

EDIT,..... Bugger,.... forgot to add the antennae to the side of the fin! 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 36

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

"You beauty"

Thanks for sharing all our love of the Herky with us Tony

Glad you like it Perdu,...... thanks very much indeed mate. Looking forward to the Zvesda kit now! 

Just now, Lord Riot said:

That's an absolutely awesome Albert! 

Thanks mate,.... I`ve always wanted to build the stretched C.3 version!

45 minutes ago, cngaero said:

That's stunning Tony. It's a very impressive looking model with excellent brush work as usual. 

Thanks Chris,..... glad you like it mate,...... the Zvesda kit will soon be out!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Plasticbasher said:

Superb Herc!

Thanks mate

21 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a cracking Herc Tony, great job i bet that looks amazing in the display case fella. 

Chris

Thanks Chris,... I have to decide what to take out first to make room for it! :facepalm:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plasticbasher said:

Superb Herc!

Thanks mate.

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a cracking Herc Tony, great job i bet that looks amazing in the display case fella. 

Chris

Cheers bud,.... I need to make room for it by removing some others and relegating them to the cellar,...... decisions, decisions!! 

11 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Superb work Tony, your Herc is a real beaut!

Thanks mate,.... glad you like it bud. 

• Like 1

That is a gorgeous 'stretched' Herk, Tony! That's just too darned pretty to weather or soot up! Your usual outstanding workmanship on the conversion and the paintwork. I'm beginning to see a pattern here... :worthy: Like you and many others, I am awaiting the release of the Zvezda kit with great anticipation!

Mike

20 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

That is a gorgeous 'stretched' Herk, Tony! That's just too darned pretty to weather or soot up! Your usual outstanding workmanship on the conversion and the paintwork. I'm beginning to see a pattern here... :worthy: Like you and many others, I am awaiting the release of the Zvezda kit with great anticipation!

Mike

Thanks Mike,..... I did soot up the rear fuselage a little as I remember them all being like that,  but I just didn`t over do it.  Yeah,.... really looking forward to the Zvesda Herc,.... we will certainly have a rash of builds in a few months I think?

1 hour ago, Tornado 01 said:

Very Nice Tony

Now if only Airfix would address a kit on one of the types they replaced... Oh Sigh for a Hastings....

Tim

Oh Tim,... if only mate,...... my dream model, a 1/72nd Hasting`s! I`m hoping to make a model of every type used for parachuting by the RAF,...... I do have an old vacuformed Hastings but it is quite a poor effort to be fair. I was over the moon with the recent Valom Valetta,..... we need a Beverley too! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, peterburns said:

Hi Tony,

I'm building the same kit.  Just wondering what the camo pattern is on the bottom side?  Is it a mirror image of the upper surfaces?

Thanks,  Jeff

Mine was a best guess after viewing lots of reference pics. Are you doing a C.1 or a stretched C.3? Have a look through the WIP to see if any of the pics help,..... if not let me know and I`ll photograph the undersides when I have some daylight! 

Cheers

Tony