Eduard 1:48 P51-D in RAF Livery

Got hold of a bunch of Eduard overtrees at a great price, two spits and two P51.  As I've got some 1:48 RAF P51 xtradecals left over its RAF livery all the way! 

Quick start on the wheel wells this evening, first real attempt at busying up with some copper wire. 

spacer.png

Straight bit of 0.5mm to represent the linkage in the back, then a 0.8mm hole drilled into the floor and into some styrene rod to create a bulkhead adapter. Humble beginnings, but the kit looks amazing and hopefully I'll do it justice!

• Like 3

Made some more progress on the wheel bay, pipes installed and a coat of yellow zinc chromate applied. Picked the pipes.out in silver with black for the flex couplings. Quick pinwash and it's close, a bit more work to do. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I then moved on to the instrument panel. No decals or PE as it's an overtrees kit, might get some aeroscale decals for the next one but quite happy with how this came out. A small detail brush helped! 

spacer.png

And finally a start on the interior. 

spacer.png

• Like 5

Another Mustang and the STGB hasn’t started yet!

I will follow this closely as I’m waiting for one to arrive for the above mentioned GB.

I’ve chosen the easy way out ( I hope ) for the instrument panel, I’ve also ordered an Eduard LooK panel.

John