Matchbox Piston Provost T1

Really chuffed when I managed to pick this little gem up from SMW Telford this year as it's been on my wish list for some time. Lovely simple kit, goes together so well. The only downside is the canopy, but had i took a little more time i could have thinned it out a little and made it fit a bit better. Painted with Vallejo,  and decals from the spares box to represent an aircraft from No. 6 FTS RAF Ternhill....my local....so have a soft spot for this one! Thanks for looking......

IMG_20191120_192931

IMG_20191120_192606

IMG_20191120_192729

IMG_20191120_192851

IMG_20191120_192657

Together with stablemates.....

IMG_20191120_193114

Edited by binbrook87
  • Like 31

Very nice!  I have a few Matchbox Provosts in my stash and not much wrong with this kit, so not worth paying out for subsequent releases charging silly money, if you can find a Matchbox one. Surprised Revell never re-released this kit when they acquired Matchbox's moulds?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AMB said:

Very nice!  I have a few Matchbox Provosts in my stash and not much wrong with this kit, so not worth paying out for subsequent releases charging silly money, if you can find a Matchbox one. Surprised Revell never re-released this kit when they acquired Matchbox's moulds?

Lucky you! They're not that easy to get hold of and the few I've seen on that well known auction site are going for silly money 💰💰 If i can bag another one I fancy doing it with the orange strips as I've a few odds n sods decals lying around to replace the tired Matchbox ones. Yes and I'm surprised Revell never reboxed it either. Real shame.