Why are some of the Revell Star Wars kits more expensive?

I don't mean the Bandai Kits Revell have reboxed. Some of their smaller box stuff are priced around £6, whereas others in the same line are around £12. X-wing, TIE fighters, Star Destroyer & Falcon are all around £6, whereas ones line the Sith Infiltrator, Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter and LAAT gunship are closer to £12. Same range & roughly same sizes (the scales vary a lot but they're all the same box size) and level of difficulty, so i can't figure out why there's such a vast price difference.

What about the reissue of the toyish 1/29 X-wing.....£109!!!!!!!!    Seriously?  I got one at £49.99 when they were first out , and that was too much really. It takes some work to get it to a good model standard. The little build and play Millennium Falcon on the other hand is actually really nice for the price. The small tie fighter and tie interceptor are really nice , especially a £6     In answer to your question.........i dont know!

38 minutes ago, SMD70 said:

From what I've seen... £5/£6 are unpainted with stickers in a bag... £12 tends to be the same but in a small box as a starter kit with glue, few little posts of paint and a brush?

The Starter sets are around £12 usually, but with these specific ships they aren't starter sets, just the normal unpainted kits! Places like Hobbycraft AND model retailers seem to charge around £12 for the ships like the LAAT. and Sith Infiltrator, I really can't figure out why.

2 hours ago, moviedrone said:

I actually found Obi-Wan's starfighter and the Sith Infiltrator in TK Maxx a few weeks back, both starter sets and about £6 each.

Yeah, I saw those recently which was got me wondering! I don't really need the Starter set part of it, but as just the kit itself is more than £6 it seems like a good deal. Just have no idea why those non-starter versions are more than the rest in the first place.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2019 at 8:55 PM, SMD70 said:

From what I've seen... £5/£6 are unpainted with stickers in a bag... £12 tends to be the same but in a small box as a starter kit with glue, few little posts of paint and a brush?

On 11/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, TheVoidDragon said:

The Starter sets are around £12 usually, but with these specific ships they aren't starter sets, just the normal unpainted kits! Places like Hobbycraft AND model retailers seem to charge around £12 for the ships like the LAAT. and Sith Infiltrator, I really can't figure out why.

Coming late to this ('cos I only registered recently ...):

There seem to be several range/price points. As mentioned, the likes of the Sith Infiltrator kit are more expensive than other kits of a similar size and complexity.

I've seen the "entry level" bagged kits with stickers for 7 Euro (c. £6), and with regular decals in normal boxes also for 7 Euro - in the same shop. The starter kits are based on the kits in normal boxes, but about twice the price - again, in the same shop.

I think I have 6 of the entry-level kits so far, all boxed with decals. The scales are all over the place (and some are plainly wrong), but some of the kits are very nice: I especially like the Millennium Falcon and X-Wing fighter, although the latter does not come with a stand. The Imperial Star Destroyer isn't bad either. Unfortunately, the AT-AT Walker is not in the range.