1/72 M.346 from Zvezda Yak-130

Robertone139

How different ? quite a lot !

Rear engine nacelles, tailplanes, some differences in the upper fuselage and the tail, and most importantly a completely different landing gear, meaning different shape of all doors.

It can be done, but it would involve serious surgery. Personally I'd wait and see if any company decide to offer this subject in 1/72 scale. Maybe some Polish company, as the type is in service in their air force

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 2:44 PM, Fulcrum@ said:

it's a good idea to wait, i think Italeri release this italian aircraft in few years...

Geeee let's tell them that!!!! I also been waiting for a AMX in 1/72 still on waiting

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/28/2019 at 6:26 AM, RAGATIGER said:

I also been waiting for a AMX in 1/72 still on waiting

I will leave You a place at my table in the cafe Blue Notes and order a cocktail "Black Russian":

we will wait together AMX in 1/72 from Italery.

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

On 11/19/2019 at 10:08 PM, Robertone139 said:

Howdy,

How different really are the M.346 and the Yak-130 do derive one from the latter in 1/72.

Considering they are the fruition of a single project.

Cheers.

I'll try to confuse everyone!! 😁  Initially, there was a basic design of the Yak-130,

amo72157.jpg

then it became the Yak-130D from the word "Dorabotanyi(Modified)"

76228bcc4200d242e0f934e6a1d9e919.jpg

then the letter D was removed and it again became the Yak-130

yak-130.jpg

I don't know about accurate first version Yak-130 from A-model, but probably (probably!!!!) it's more  nearer to M.346 than Yak-130 Zvezda???

B.R.

Serge 

P.S.

It's only  my suggestion!  I do not understand in a training plane.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aardvark said:

Yak-130 from A-model, but probably (probably!!!!) it's more  nearer to M.346 than Yak-130 Zvezda???

Not really....

The early Yak-130 joint venture between Yakovlev and Aermacchi has a distinctive 'bathtub' style nose.....

spacer.png

spacer.png

The production version has a different, more rounded nose..... (note also the different intakes)...

spacer.png

The M-346 has this later, rounded nose - nothing like the prototypes - so you couldn't use the Amodel kit (even if you could get hold of one!)

The production Yak-130 and M-346 are now so different in many ways, it is next to impossible to make one from the other.

It could be done (all things are possible!) - but the work involved would be difficult.

Ken

• Like 1

Comparison Yak-130 ( in fact Yak-130D on photo) v.s. M.346 v.s. L-15:

https://igor113.livejournal.com/53057.html

7 hours ago, Flankerman said:

Not really....

The early Yak-130 joint venture between Yakovlev and Aermacchi has a distinctive 'bathtub' style nose.....

A-model + Zvezda nose?

B.R.

Serge

15 hours ago, AaCee26 said:

Has anyone studied what else than new rear fuselage after the main whel wells is needed to convert Zvezda to an L-15?

Problem is Yak-130 & M.346 this is a joint project, L-15 is a project where Yakovlev  designer was officially consulted, but unofficially design all project  under Chinese requirements with Chinese manufacturing specific. As I think L-15 it's training 

aircraft class T-38 (supersonic), but Yak-130/M.346 it's aircraft class havy Hawk/L-39(subsonic ) of course it's very different design.

B.R.

Serge

Edited by Aardvark

On 12/4/2019 at 12:07 PM, Aardvark said:

Problem is Yak-130 & M.346 this is a joint project, L-15 is a project where Yakovlev  designer was officially consulted, but unofficially design all project  under Chinese requirements with Chinese manufacturing specific. As I think L-15 it's training 

aircraft class T-38 (supersonic), but Yak-130/M.346 it's aircraft class havy Hawk/L-39(subsonic ) of course it's very different design.

B.R.

Serge

Hi Serge,

M-346, as well as Hawk, has been said to be able to break M=1.0 so the basic aerodynamics for supersonics speeds is there. L-15 has shorter span, longer fuselage and afterburners but how much the rest of the airframe differs from it siblings? Do you know if there are reliable drawings of the L-15 available somewhere?

Cheers,

AaCee