Hello.

Rhinestone

Thanks for adding me. 

My name is Phil and I've recently started modelling again after a break of about 30 years. Quite rusty and a relative noob to modern day modelling. Never used an airbrush as a kid and haven't touched a kit since my early 20s but started up again after restoring a few die cast toys I had and progressed onto kits I have had since the 70s and 80s and never got round to building. 

Currently in the process of trying to recreate the scene from the Lewis Collins movie Who Dares Wins with an Airfix Westland Scout with 2 SAS personnel hanging under it which I originally planned to make back in 1983! 

• Like 1

hi 

Thanks for letting me join your group. I have recently returned to Modelling after about 40 years when I was laid up following surgery and now I'm hooked again! I normally make Eastern Front AFVs with the occasional aircraft and ship thrown in for good measure. I suffer from Dystonia and find model building alleviates some of the symptoms, I am currently at home on sick leave waiting for neurosurgery.

I look forward to learning from you all .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kevinin said:

hi 

Thanks for letting me join your group. I have recently returned to Modelling after about 40 years when I was laid up following surgery and now I'm hooked again! I normally make Eastern Front AFVs with the occasional aircraft and ship thrown in for good measure. I suffer from Dystonia and find model building alleviates some of the symptoms, I am currently at home on sick leave waiting for neurosurgery.

I look forward to learning from you all .

Hello Kevinin :post1: from Chicago. Sorry to hear of your health issue’s, i hope the surgery goes well. I am disabled and use modeling as an escape for my reality. Many others have health issues as well. It helps me get away from the stresses of life. So you're not alone in that respect. 

Dennis

Welcome back to the dark side Phil. Britmodeller is a great place to be, with lots of cool stuff to look at and always help and advice on hand when and if you need it.

Naturally, we'll want a WIP thread for your Who Dares Wins build so you can share the joy. (I've had a sneak peek and it's good)

7 hours ago, Rhinestone said:

7 hours ago, Rhinestone said:

Thanks for adding me. 

7 hours ago, Kevinin said:

hi 

Thanks for letting me join your group.

:post1:

Hi Phil and also Kevinin (Kevin who I met elsewhere and was daft enough to let me persuade him on here). Welcome aboard both. You will find the rest of the crew and passengers a friendly bunch and the amount of accumulated knowledge and help freely offered  is mind blowing. Enjoy yourselves. You will find the site addictive but leave time for modelling too.  

John