Hello

Pricer592

Hello to all britmodellers , I am from anglesey north wales , started to build again never been as good as any of these in here but wanting to learn new tricks , starting off with an airfix 1/24 spitfire and have a revell 1/32 bicentennial f-15 on the way , would like to make it into a LN 492nd . Anyway I digress , will have plenty of questions during my builds I am sure. Thanks for letting me join the group .

10 minutes ago, Pricer592 said:

Hello to all britmodellers , I am from anglesey north wales , started to build again never been as good as any of these in here but wanting to learn new tricks , starting off with an airfix 1/24 spitfire and have a revell 1/32 bicentennial f-15 on the way , would like to make it into a LN 492nd . Anyway I digress , will have plenty of questions during my builds I am sure. Thanks for letting me join the group .

Hello there & welcome aboard.  Good luck with the Airfix Spit - it is known to be a real 'pig' - so don't get disheartened if you have problems.  It is buildable - but is prone to droopy wings.  I built one when I first came back to the hobby and it nearly put me off for good.  Unless you are super confident I would maybe put it aside for a while and concentrate on the F-15.

Remember - this is supposed to be fun - so just enjoy yourself.

Steve

• Thanks 1

Hello Pricer... :post1: from the other side of the pond in Chicago. 

58 minutes ago, Pricer592 said:

never been as good as any of these in here

Don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you aren't as bad as you think. We are our own worst critics, and Im guilty as charged. We all started somewhere and like anything in life practice brings improvement. Never and i mean Never build to anyone else's standards, only build to your own standards. If you try to build to what you think others expect you will only find disappointment. If you can look at a build in a week or a year and be happy than that is what matters. 

Dennis

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Pricer... :post1: from the other side of the pond in Chicago. 

Don't sell yourself short, I'm sure you aren't as bad as you think. We are our own worst critics, and Im guilty as charged. We all started somewhere and like anything in life practice brings improvement. Never and i mean Never build to anyone else's standards, only build to your own standards. If you try to build to what you think others expect you will only find disappointment. If you can look at a build in a week or a year and be happy than that is what matters. 

Dennis

Dennis - that is the best piece of advice I have seen in a long while - if I could have liked it more than once - I would have - top man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1