Info needed - Roden Standard VC10 1/144

Avro730

spacer.png

If anyone has a Roden standard VC10 could they let me know the length of the fuselage (not including the tail). I have some decals from 26decals which I am using on a Corgi 1/144 diecast VC10 and they are too short on the cheat line, so either they are wrong or the corgi is too long. Your help appreciated.

Yes it would apper to be a Super (as Hannants lists them)  which then makes this even more odd as if the decals were correct then they would (should) be too long but also I wonder why 26decals would have supplied decals of British Caledonian for the Roden kit (which is a Super) and B cal never operated Supers?

27 minutes ago, Avro730 said:

Yes it would apper to be a Super (as Hannants lists them)  which then makes this even more odd as if the decals were correct then they would (should) be too long but also I wonder why 26decals would have supplied decals of British Caledonian for the Roden kit (which is a Super) and B cal never operated Supers?

Where does it say it's for the Roden kit?  The windows etc part of the sheet is generic, for both the Standard and the Super. 

13 hours ago, Avro730 said:

I don't have a copy of the 26 sheet to hand but it is quite clearly listed on their website as "British Caledonian Vickers VC-10", not a mention of "Super" anywhere. I'm sure that Ray Charles at 26 (who is a member of this site) knows as well as the rest of us that B-Cal never used the Super VC-10 and I don't accept for a moment that he intends the B-Cal VC-10 sheet for use on the unmodified Roden kit. For what it's worth, making a standard VC-10 from the Roden kit involves quite a challenging conversion and is far from straightforward.

Edit - I knew somebody had done a Standard conversion using the 26 B-Cal decals and I managed to find it here

• Like 1

Ok - yes the generic sheet marked Standard and Super VC10 with windows, doors etc says Roden but of course the B. Cal part is intended for a  Standard, that bit I get but there is still something off either with the decals or the Corgi model (and I accept that Roden never intended it to be used on the Corgi model) I think the problem lies in a mis match of where the engin pylon is in relation to the cut out for them on the decals, when placing the cutout round the engines the decal hangs over the end of the aircraft for about the same as the gap in the cheat line. Its no biggie as thoughtfully Roden have provided some blocks of the Blue, gold and white from which I am making up the gap in the cheat line. 

The corgi model checks out in length but and the engine pylon placement looks ok (I dont have accurate drawings to be sure though) . Anyways, it will all come together and I have learnt to cut out and dry fit the cheatline in future. if Mr Charles is reading this, any chance of a BUA sheet?