Hawker Hurricane Mk.1 1:48 Tamiya

Hi all, I’ve been on a bit of a 1/48 ww2 fighter run where I’m trying to complete all my favourites. This one is Tamiya’s Mk.1 Hurricane where I chose to depict P2831 ‘LE.K’ flown by R.J. “Dickie” Cork of 242 Squadron based at RAF Duxford, August 1940. I chose this squadron since it was known as the ‘Canadian’ squadron. Everything is out of box except the Xtra decals. Thanks for looking.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Nice Hurricane, well executed a fine addition to your collection.

S/Lt 'Dickie' Cork was Baders wing man in 242 and took valuable air fighting lessons back to the Fleet Air Arm where he went on to become RN's top scorer...

Whats your next build going to be?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very neat and convincing Hurricane, even though the camo should probably be hard edged.

The prop 'weathering' does look a bit out of place, especially since the prop blades are made of (wait for it) – wood.

Excellent craftsmanship overall!

Kind regards,

Joachim

BTW, photo #2 and the last one look as if they're blown-up thumbnails…

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

13 hours ago, Grey Beema said:

Nice Hurricane, well executed a fine addition to your collection.

S/Lt 'Dickie' Cork was Baders wing man in 242 and took valuable air fighting lessons back to the Fleet Air Arm where he went on to become RN's top scorer...

Whats your next build going to be?

Thanks, yes I've read about these guys- what an interesting bunch and some skilled airmen! Thanks for commenting.

4 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Very neat and convincing Hurricane, even though the camo should probably be hard edged.

The prop 'weathering' does look a bit out of place, especially since the prop blades are made of (wait for it) – wood.

Excellent craftsmanship overall!

Kind regards,

Joachim

BTW, photo #2 and the last one look as if they're blown-up thumbnails…

Thanks for the input. My understanding is there was a British shortage of duralumin material during World War II which led to the Schwarz process, where special machinery pressed a hard metal mesh coating and cellulose sheet over the entire propeller. I guess I misinterpreted that and it should be a wood finish. That's what I love about this hobby-it's very educational. 

3 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Tamiya ? I think you mean Hasagawa 😲 Lovely Hurricane :yes:

Tamiya/Italeria, at least that's what the box says :)

• 1 month later...