G'day

Glittergold

Hihi,

I'm from blisteringly hot Australia.  One of the Britmodeller members Grandboof nagged me so much about joining, here I am.

I'm not a plane, tank or chopper modeller.  I'm a figure modeller or I was.  I've been inactive for the last  13 years.

I've finally taken up my brush again and I'm feeling apprehensive.  I think I've forgotten everything I learned. 

Boofhead said that I should definitely join to get some encouragement and tips for my modelling.

I have a  lot of unfinished and  packaged models some older than my last day painting. 😃  Sound familiar?

I know, I'm slack.

I also like dioramas.  When the very first Warhammer Golden Demon Awards were held in Sydney Australia I  got 2nd for my diorama and  third for my single model figure.

These days I look at a brush and  feel anxious about picking it up and  screwing it up.  I prime and  base coat and think crap, total crap, underwhelming. 

Any advice is always welcome.

• Like 3

Welcome Glittergold :) 

It might be a bit optimistic to expect a primed and base coated figure to look really good, I imagine it's what you do afterwards that makes the difference. Put aside a bit of time to sit down and work on something is the best advice I can offer, you might find you have forgotten less than you believed :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2019 at 8:25 PM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Glittergold, welcome aboard, from the other side of Oz (not so blistering hot here today, was the other day though). What figures do you do? Regards, Jeff.

Mostly Anime figures , Warhammer,  and fantasy based diorama.

• Like 1