Another Airfix Phantom FG1

That does look lovely, very well modelled and photographed Jonathan. You've managed to get a great result out of his kit, despite some of criticisms and comparisons that have been widely documented. Perhaps it's all the extra features that take your eyes off the surface detail, however choosing not to flood the panel lines with a dark wash certainly helps. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

Very nicely done, doing all those stencils must have made your eyes water.

Duncan B

Thanks all for you comments.... and to be honest Duncan, I took quite a long time over it - more than a week in the evenings - no more than an hour or so each time to retain sanity. even with all of these, I found two that are shown on the colour guide, but not on the stencil chart nor on the transfer sheet 🙂 but nobody will notice 😉 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rob K. said:

Lovely build. Photography very nicely done-how did you go about it? Superb post!

Hi Rob (And thanks to all for your comments) I took the photos with the model sat in in my small Konig portable photo studio that has two posable LED lamps to provide illumination sat in front. Photographically, I use a DSLR on a tripod set-up manually with a minimum aperture for maximum dof and speed to suit (about 3 seconds) at minimum ISO (100). I take several photos of the same pose with the focus pint locked on to different parts of the model to give a number of images with parts of the model in focus... and then in Photoshop (set levels in camera raw first) and then select in-focus elements of each to slowly layer-up a picture with all parts in focus. Yes, stacking software can speed this up, but I don't have any. It's quite time consuming and I spent a while playing with this set ... but I'd got a copy of Sailor on Youtube playing in the background adding good inspiration, and it keeps me quiet.

Thanks again

Jonathan