P-51 "TOLO" Trumpeter 1:24

And again the model in NMF finish.
This time I'll take a break from finishing the NMF. My last model in NMF in this year P-51D Trumpeter 1:24

Made straight from the box, the masks are hand made.

There are a lot of mistakes I made too poor numbers on the tail but I hope that despite this model you will like it.

Tg48HPy.jpg?180i0K8j.jpg?1QoFFZpR.jpg?1P13NIxl.jpg?1XyswMqL.jpg?1RUoEM5H.jpg?1o9SCXTP.jpg?1InR68UL.jpg?1zoQxg5u.jpg?1

• Like 34

10 hours ago, Dansk said:

Wow that’s fantastic. How on earth did you do that?

Did you Post-shade black perhaps - over alclad or something?

This time I didn't use black basing on the whole model. It is a gray background and in darker places a black background.
I applied one color Liquid Metal from PPG Envirobase + a lot of shading to the whole model.

47 minutes ago, Koralik64 said:

This time I didn't use black basing on the whole model. It is a gray background and in darker places a black background.
I applied one color Liquid Metal from PPG Envirobase + a lot of shading to the whole model.

It looks superb. Doesnt it get shinier in the darker black base areas though - as black base gives more metallic effect than the gray base areas? 

Beautiful build and artistically inspired NMF – not quite authentic, though. 😉

P-51s had the forward part of their wings, at least up to the location of the mainspar, meticulously puttied, sanded smooth and painted with silver dope, in order to offer the least aerodynamic interference with the laminar airflow.

Really slick modelling, though!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1