1/24 Hasegawa Ford Thunderbird 66

Hi all, well considering how basic this kit was when I first looked it over, I think it has turned out looking pretty spiffy. The kit really was going to have to be super detailed to make it look convincing; I used a basecoat colour that I had mixed for a motorcycle tank I was respraying for a client. It was Suzuki Maui blue; it seemed to match the full size car's colour perfectly. Not one of Hasegawa's finest, there was some nasty fit issues, around the front fender, the lower valance did not want to fit, as well as the rear wheel covers. I had to replace the front windscreen and quarter side windows with some clear acrylic sheet as the kit one was starting to split and was too poor quality to really use anyway. Overall I am pleased I took the decision to convert the car into a convertible and save the kit from returning to the stash and probably never being built.

qs6TdEM.jpg
MpH93Ul.jpg
pKXW6UJ.jpg
k4ScyPl.jpg
KieiMjI.jpg
FeHsAIh.jpg

• Like 17

Oh dear.  Flashback time again.  I had reached the ripe old age of 16 when this car was new.  The mother of a friend of mine owned one.   He "borrowed" it one evening and asked me to go out "cruising" with him.  Picture if you will, a warm summer night in west central Florida.  Top down and the radio blaring while my friend proceeded to introduce me for the very first time to what it's like to travel down a dark, 2 lane road with the speedometer pegged at about 110 mph.  :frantic:

Somehow, magically, we survived.  I had my doubts we would.  :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, uncletommy said:

Oh dear.  Flashback time again.  I had reached the ripe old age of 16 when this car was new.  The mother of a friend of mine owned one.   He "borrowed" it one evening and asked me to go out "cruising" with him.  Picture if you will, a warm summer night in west central Florida.  Top down and the radio blaring while my friend proceeded to introduce me for the very first time to what it's like to travel down a dark, 2 lane road with the speedometer pegged at about 110 mph.  :frantic:

Somehow, magically, we survived.  I had my doubts we would.  :shrug:

Great story ! Thanks for sharing the memories.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...