Model / Panel Line Scribing Tutorials/Tips?

Kushan_Farsight

Hi All,

Firstly, apologies if this is an often asked question - i did search for it but it brought up about 54,000 search results on the forum!

Ive just gone and got myself a scriber, as one thing i have noticed time and time again is how people will add, or enhance the panel lines on their aircraft.

Are there any general tips for this, or do you know any video tutorials i could watch to get some knowledge before putting carbide point to plastic?

More often than not im attracted to pretty boxart rather than the actual molding quality of the kits which tends to leave me with some of the more classic and detail light models, and now i want to try and bring them up to 21st century/BritModeller standards!

Thanks in advance! 

I'm not that experienced as a recent returnee to modelling but I've had a bash - mainly to reinstate lines where I've sanded seams.

I would strongly advise using a straight edge as a guide - I've used a flexible steel drawing template which bends nicely, and I've used old fashioned Dymo embossing tape - remember that stuff?

Really important to draw the scribing tool very gently along the plastic surface, otherwise it is really easy to go off-line, and astonishingly deeply....ask me how I know....!

Have fun!

Q

• Like 1