1/48 - Blackburn Firebrand Mk.V by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'll withhold judgement till I see the reviews of each offset against their prices. A bit of extra work for a significant saving has never bothered me yet.

Steve.

Well the Valom kit retails at £36 and going by the price of Clear Props other kits I suspect it will be around the same price - maybe a little more because of the folding wings. Add to that it should be pretty accurate if Roy's been involved with it and the great molding quality of Clear Prop, it maybe more like a very little saving and a significant amount of work.

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm talking 1/72 here which will affect the price you've quoted I guess, I'm happy to wait & see the prices when they hit the market & take it from there, apples with apples, knowns with knowns as it were. :)

Steve.

No, the 1/72nd scale Valom kit retail price is £36.

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

No, the 1/72nd scale Valom kit retail price is £36.

Not where I'll buy mine from, shop around. There're better prices out there, maybe the same with Clearprop come the day though I haven't found that to be the case with their earlier releases.

Steve.

36 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Not where I'll buy mine from, shop around. There're better prices out there, maybe the same with Clearprop come the day though I haven't found that to be the case with their earlier releases.

Steve.

That's why I said retail price. You can't compare discount prices when one hasn't got a retail price yet. Personally I would rather spend £10 or £15 more for a better more accurate kit anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Clearly those prices are not in sterling - obviously I was talking about the UK retail. Those examples are both Polish sites with different prices so they can't both be the retail price can they? Obviously the reason I bought it up was just a comparison of the two kit, showing one kit is cheaper in other countries means nothing. I'm sure you'll be able to get the Clear Props kit cheaper than in the UK. Their Ki-51 retails in the UK at £23.99 so if the Firebrand cost about £30 here it will obviously be cheap in some other countries.

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Blackburn Firebrand Mk.V by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders - release in 2022 ?
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Blackburn Firebrand Mk.V by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2022 ?
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Blackburn Firebrand Mk.V by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2023 ?
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Blackburn Firebrand Mk.V by Clear Prop Models - 3D renders+sprues - release in 2024 ?
  • 3 months later...