HMS Westminster 1/350 1994 Type 23 Frigate F237

Fantastic work!

Looking at all the photos brings a silly question to mind: did the Lynx have a name? I mean, I know that HMS Brazen had a Lynx called the Brazen Hussy, ans ISTR that HMS Broadsword had a similarly-named helo (but I can't remember what it was known as), so did HMS Westminster? And if it did, what was it called -- the MP? 😁

15 hours ago, Tarkas said:

so did HMS Westminster? And if it did, what was it called -- the MP?

Abigale of course! Or 'Abi' for short. 😁

Actually, I wouldn't have a clue. This just came to me and I couldn't help myself. Sorry everybody. Regards, Jeff.

On 1/29/2020 at 8:01 PM, Tarkas said:

...did the Lynx have a name? I mean, I know that HMS Brazen had a Lynx called the Brazen Hussy, ans ISTR that HMS Broadsword had a similarly-named helo (but I can't remember what it was known as)

Lots of Lynx flights gave their aircraft a name, and it only sometimes had a link with the ship’s name.   Broadsword’s was known as “Danny Boy” [Where Eagles Dare reference] & Gus [ship’s international callsign was GUUS] at different periods of my time.  Boxer’s were Jake & Elwood while she had a 2-cab flight.  Avenger’s was Purdy.  Can’t remember the name of Battleaxe’s, but it was something politically incorrect about Mothers-in-Law...  Alacrity’s was Gonzales for a time (as in Speedy Gonzales)

• Like 3

On 05/02/2020 at 13:28, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Boxer’s were Jake & Elwood while she had a 2-cab flight.  

That was the 1988 Operation Armilla deployment when I was the Flight Observer.  Originally they they were going to have the strapline "on a mission from God" underneath until our Chaplain refused to conduct the naming ceremony unless we painted that bit out!  So the paint was literally still wet when they were named.

8394182541_62db6171a1_b.jpg

I can't find a photo of Jake.

BRAVE's cab 1990-92 was the F.B.I., short for "flipping big Indian".  It had an alternative meaning but I won't go into that here!

33567359253_1a46e12d56_b.jpg

I fear we're getting a wee bit off topic!

Edited by Chewbacca