A36 Apache Bomb Shackles

cocky05d

Hi ,in the middle of the Italeri 1/48 A36 Apache  ,glued the wings together last night ,found i am missing a Bomb Shackle ,one already in place ,don't know what to do .

Should i take the one already in place off and fill the holes in ? 

Finding this model making lark a bit stressful to be honest .😩😩

4 hours ago, cocky05d said:

Hi ,in the middle of the Italeri 1/48 A36 Apache  ,glued the wings together last night ,found i am missing a Bomb Shackle ,one already in place ,don't know what to do .

Should i take the one already in place off and fill the holes in ? 

Finding this model making lark a bit stressful to be honest .😩😩

Do you mean a shackle? You would not be able to see this on any kit with a bomb on. Do you mean the swaybraces on each side of the bomb?

Selwyn

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Get a piece of the runner and attack it with a knife and file until it looks like the one on the other wing?

Runner ? Like wot seb cole is 😂.I have got some ICM Spitfire ones in the spares might have a look at them ,thanks for the advice though .

If Italeri has a customer service contact, you could see if they could supply you with a pair of shackles. You might also post a query in the "wanted" section here on BM to see if someone might have a set from another 1/48 Mustang kit, but that's probably not likely, as Mustangs almost always kept the pylons attached, even when not carrying fuel/bombs, so usually always fitted by modelers. You could also try popping the one you do have off of the wing, making a master using  silicone bath/auto caulk, and then casting a duplicate in resin.

Mike

On 11/18/2019 at 9:05 PM, Graham Boak said:

The runner is what we used to call the sprue, the bits that hold the pieces of the model together.   Apparently the sprue is what connects the plastic supply to the tool.

I know that ,just joking .Anyway found some in the spares box that will do ,they might have come from the Revell P51D i posted a few weeks ago .

Just got to cut the bomb holding arm things off and good to go .