Carbon fibre decals......

Riggers

Hi all,

Before I kick off with my new project, I'd like to know what you guys would use to carbon fibre effect the rear spoiler on the Aoshima Aventador LP-700-4 1/24.......love to hear your thoughts.......thanks as always....spacer.pngspacer.png

Black Knight, thanks for the response, but I don't think I made myself clear.....there are "some" decals that look "wrong" with the scale advertised by the manufacturer. Like using 1/12 motorbike decals look too large in scale, so using 1/20 on bikes is much better. I was seeing if that is the same using advertised 1/24 scale looks correct on a 1/24 vehicle.........I hope that makes sense? Thanks again.....

1 hour ago, Riggers said:

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your back end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall when you hit it!

:rofl2:

Sorry, but no advice on carbon fibre decals, other than my concern about their application on a BMW Sauber F1 in the stash.

You can get a pretty good (and cheap and easy to apply) carbon effect by first painting the part black, and then spraying a graphite/dark grey/steel coat through a fine mesh fabric. I have some that came as wrapping for a posh easter egg, but curtain net or a bit of fabric from your local haberdashery will do the trick just as well...

best,

M.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's odd that that top uses a different weave to the bottom. My personal preference for the top I'd use Ka-models A type carbon. Model Factory Hiro makes a square weave suitable for the bottom. For all carbon decals I tend to use the smaller sizes.

22 hours ago, gamblor916 said:

It's odd that that top uses a different weave to the bottom. My personal preference for the top I'd use Ka-models A type carbon. Model Factory Hiro makes a square weave suitable for the bottom. For all carbon decals I tend to use the smaller sizes.

Just perfect! Perfect & I have the very decal sheet in the carbon decal stash! Thanks so much for the advice......