1/72 Academy F-15e Lakenheath

gota

Hello again,

Here is the second model I have completed this year after another Eagle. Started this one thinking it would be a fast build to get into painting quick, and just finished it after 6 months of not a lot of free time.

Very decent kit, the main issues being the simplistic exhausts and the overly thick closed canopy. Still an enjoyable build with not a lot to fix, and trying to spruce up that gunship gray was also a fun painting experience.

1/72 Academy #12550, Twobobs Da'Heath decals, KA Models exhausts, Reskit wheels, weapons from the kit, Skunkworks, GWH and Tamiya.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for watching.

Edited by gota
  • Like 64

35 minutes ago, Jackson Duvalier said:

Very nice Iggles-- those exhausts are fabulous!  How do you feel about the Academy kits compared to other offerings in 1/72?

I can tell you once I have built the two GWH and the two Hasegawa kits I have piled up over there, but I might just change subject for a while 😛

I would not get another Academy single seater.

I would probably build another of their new double seaters molding, possibly to turn an K into an S. Plastic is a bit soft and textures in some places but the decal sheet is really good. But yeah, you need aftermarket exhausts.

I think Hasegawa's C&D still build into decent models. From what I gathered on the internets, it looks easier to build than the Acad Charlie for a better OOB result.
GWH boxes look tasty, loads of weapons (especially in the I box) which kinda make up for their price but they seem trickier than Acad's F-15e to build, the decals look a bit thick and I seem to recall people pointing out the front canopy has shape issues (although you can see the shapes differ between Academy kits anyway).

Hello Gota,

Thanks for sharing your nice model with us. I wonder, if this aircraft will be coming in production again.

If you see, what this aircraft can take in regards to armament, it is a true force multiplier. 

In short, deadly, fast and very reliable. Regards, Orion - The Netherlands.

• Thanks 1