Collection of Hobby Craft 1/48 Polikarpov I-16's

Hi all

There was a comment posted last week stating how you don't often see the Hobby Craft 1-16 kits.  I think the rationale for that is the fact the kits are a mishmash and out of the box, do not accurately represent any specific variant. So, with that being said, I present five I-16's which I built back in 1999.  I have tried to correctly represent each of the variants I modelled, but good references were not thick on the ground at that time, so I am sure there are some inaccuracies.  Each kit received a Medallion resin cockpit (remember that company?), new exhaust pipes and vacuform canopy, as well as a litany of other small modifications.  They are shown below in order of Type 6, 10, 18, 24 and 29.

vErvmRah.jpg 

LbXbyfmh.jpg

dYdZMIah.jpg

WbgLroih.jpg

ESaCbYIh.jpg

CNZbZBsh.jpg

liVH7a8h.jpg

CsmbQq0h.jpg

WYZ2Qc1h.jpg

L0MdqOTh.jpg

Many years after completing these kits, a found a photo which shows the Type 29 and it should have yellow wingtips on top as well.  Oh well.

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Randy

• Like 38

Really beautiful work Randy. I love your "assembly line" approach to building. I've got quite a few of these birds in my stash also. Did the Romanians use these aircraft in large numbers?

Edited by Hobo

On 11/16/2019 at 7:48 AM, HansReggelsen said:

IMHO there's only one thing wrong with your models - they're not mine! :winkgrin:

Great models and medals all around! :goodjob:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J - who happens to have a soft spot for 'Ratta's ! :heart:

Thanks much Hans.

Cheers

Randy

20 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Excellent collection of remarkably well-kept Ratas!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim.  If I were to do them again, I would probably weather them a bit more, as they are a little too pristine.

Cheers

Randy

19 hours ago, Hobo said:

Really beautiful work Randy. I love your "assembly line" approach to building. I've got quite a few of these birds in my stash also. Did the Romanians use these aircraft in large numbers?

Thanks much.  It is my understanding that Romania used only one I-16.

Cheers

Randy

7 hours ago, IPMS19 said:

-Very nice collection of ISHKAS, I'm suddenly reliefed to see that some where in this world there is another guy,  me  excepted, who has built these  famous Hobby Craft kits.....

SmZP2Z.jpg

You are not alone.  I have also started the Type 17, but it languishes on the shelf at this time.

Cheers

Randy

• Thanks 1