Canberra in Southern African Service - Book query?

Rabbit Leader

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a copy of a book titled - "Canberra in Southern African Service"?

From what I can see it was published around 1998 and is now well and truly OOS. Judging by the asking price of some used copies, it's obviously a collectors item. 

I recall seeing a heap of copies for sale at a local Brisbane model show, however (stupidly) flicked through a copy and walked on. I'm particularly interested in the Rhodesian section and would be curious to know if anyone out there has a copy or knows where I could lay my hands on one. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

Hello Dave

Having checked all my usual used book sources, it looks like it is available if you have £100 or so to spare. I suggest you just persevere and you might find a copy at a reasonable price at a show.

I don't know how it works down under, but if I find a book that I think is too expensive in a second hand bookshop, I'll haggle. Often the shop owner will take less money rather than have the book on their shelves gathering dust. I've never got it to work online though, just face to face.

Regards

Nigel

• Thanks 1

Thanks Nigel, I normally don’t mind spending some coin on good books, however thats a little steep even by my reckoning. I’ll keep searching and as you say, you never know your luck. For some reason I have a feeling someone close to me may have imported or distributed these series of books a few years ago, so I’m hopeful that something might turn up. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Dave, I wanted one for years for the same reason as you : coverage of the Rhodesian Canberras.  I finally got lucky last year and ordered one from a South African bookstore for a fairer price.  PM me if you want to know more about the content and good luck tracking one down.

David

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get a copy of a book titled - "Canberra in Southern African Service"?

From what I can see it was published around 1998 and is now well and truly OOS. Judging by the asking price of some used copies, it's obviously a collectors item. 

I recall seeing a heap of copies for sale at a local Brisbane model show, however (stupidly) flicked through a copy and walked on. I'm particularly interested in the Rhodesian section and would be curious to know if anyone out there has a copy or knows where I could lay my hands on one. 

Cheers and regards.. Dave 

Dave PM inbound!

John

• Thanks 1