revell 2020 1st quarter releases

modelldoc

Robert: "72nd military" should read: AFV - tanks to be precise ... sorry for that!
PaulH.: Aston Martin: No way due to licence-problems! Another Landy-version? Not yet planned, but possible!

Albeback (funny name, by the way! Greetings to Arnold 😁)

4 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

The idea seems a bit redundant

NOT ifyou look at it from he marketing and sales point-of-view: The "new" Mrija is, due to less parts, a Level 3 kit, whereas the old Mrija was Level 5. The marketing simply hopes for more sales due to less complicated construction - maybe for displays or those among us with lesser abilities in modelling. The price, on the other hand, is ... hmmmm...🤨

Jay: No direct ties between HELLER Germany and Revell - the Revell online-shop simply includes whatever possible to broaden the possibility of selling kits directly!

Hope I helped clearing some fogs!

Michael

Edited by Der Lingener
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Der Lingener said:

Robert: "72nd military" should read: AFV - tanks to be precise ... sorry for that!
PaulH.: Aston Martin: No way due to licence-problems! Another Landy-version? Not yet planned, but possible!

Albeback (funny name, by the way! Greetings to Arnold 😁)

NOT ifyou look at it from he marketing and sales point-of-view: The "new" Mrija is, due to less parts, a Level 3 kit, whereas the old Mrija was Level 5. The marketing simply hopes for more sales due to less complicated construction - maybe for displays or those among us with lesser abilities in modelling. The price, on the other hand, is ... hmmmm...🤨

Jay: No direct ties between HLLER Germany and Revell - the Revell online-shop simply includes whatever possible to broaden the possibility of selling kits directly!

Hope I helped clearing some fogs!

Michael

I will pass the greetings on to the big guy!!:lol:

I take your point about trying for more sales. That's fair enough However, quite how they hope to achieve that by charging pretty much the same price  for a kit that actually has less in it is beyond me!. Of course, I'm not a Revell marketing executive..............................!!!:whistle:

Allan

52 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

I'm not a Revell marketing executive..............................!!!:whistle:

Nor am I - so let´s hope they know what they´re doing!

And, by the way: The customer they are aiming at with this Level 3 Mrija is NOT an expert in modelling so he/she might even not know about the Level 5 Mrija and the price they ask for this one!

The "occasional modeller" (Level 3) is not the one to buy online - mainly WH Smith or whatever store has some "plastic toys" is where they are "hunting" for the occasional kit.

Michael

Edited by Der Lingener
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2019 at 10:33 PM, Richard Humm said:

The 1/72 scale Ju 88A-1 is a bit of a surprise - it's the first kit of that variant in the scale.

Not entirely surprising - I have their previous boxings of the A-4 and the C-6, and the wing is clearly constructed to allow the shorter wingtips of the A-1 to be installed. Had originally planned to scratch-build new wingtips in order to build an A-1 and a C-1 out of these, but now I won't have to :) 

18 hours ago, Der Lingener said:

Nor am I - so let´s hope they know what they´re doing!

And, by the way: The customer they are aiming at with this Level 3 Mrija is NOT an expert in modelling so he/she might even not know about the Level 5 Mrija and the price they ask for this one!

The "occasional modeller" (Level 3) is not the one to buy online - mainly WH Smith or whatever store has some "plastic toys" is where they are "hunting" for the occasional kit.

Michael

Maybe so but, I cannot help feeling that this is a bit deceitful on Revell's part.They seem to be banking on customer ignorance in not knowing they can get the full kit for the same price.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

"Deceitful" would not be my words, Allan, but I fully do understand what you want to say! Believe me: I am a critic when it comes to certain marketing decisions, and although I am visiting them on a monthly basis and we discuss a lot of "customer related" subjects I seldom get heard, let alone understood!

But I will definitely forward your comment (without naming you of course!) to the marketing dept.

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 71chally said:

According to the review of the 225 kit, this basic version is substantially cheaper.

Fair enough. I haven't seen a confirmed price for the level 3 kit but,on the Revell.de website, its advertised at 79.99 Euros. That's £68.

The full kit can be had for about the same. My partner paid £65 for the kit she bought me last year.

I guess shopping around would be a good idea.🙂

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2019 at 5:15 PM, 71chally said:

Going back to earlier comments, I'm guessing that Revell are using the Italeri molding of the EF-111 because it is the more modern and engraved detail kit.

I take it that Hannants were just having a bad day as they list a Revell EF-111A kit for release in April 20 as 1:48 I saw that before I saw this thread and assumed they were reboxing the Academy kit, especially as I'd seen Caracal decals are soon to release a new sheet for the EF-111A in 1:48 (scroll to near the bottom of the page). Suppose £19.99 is a tad cheap for a 1:48 Raven when you look at the price of the recent-ish Revell Tornado and Phantom kits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 4:04 PM, Filler said:

I take it that Hannants were just having a bad day as they list a Revell EF-111A kit for release in April 20 as 1:48 I saw that before I saw this thread and assumed they were reboxing the Academy kit, especially as I'd seen Caracal decals are soon to release a new sheet for the EF-111A in 1:48 (scroll to near the bottom of the page). Suppose £19.99 is a tad cheap for a 1:48 Raven when you look at the price of the recent-ish Revell Tornado and Phantom kits.

When you can grab the insanely detailed hobby boss kit for less that £30 I don't see the appeal, but to others there might be 

• 1 month later...

1:72 Junkers Ju 88 A-1 pics can be viewed at Hannants as a future release, due March 2020 :yahoo: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RV4972

EDIT: And of course directly at Revell website https://www.revell.de/produkte/modellbau/flugzeuge/zweiter-weltkrieg/junkers-ju-88-a-1-battle-of-britain.html?listtype=search&searchparam=junkers

19,99€?! Only?! To be released at week 12/2020, I only wonder why this kit doesn´t have a thread of its own? V-P

• Thanks 1

I have just seen on Hannants they have the Mirage F.1C kit but they want £25 for it. That's a 58% price increase over the Special Hobby boxing also available on Hannants. I think that's a bit expensive for one decal option, you could by the SH kit plus Syhart decals slightly cheaper than the Revell kit and have some spare decals left over.

2 hours ago, Diggers11 said:

I have just seen on Hannants they have the Mirage F.1C kit but they want £25 for it. That's a 58% price increase over the Special Hobby boxing also available on Hannants. I think that's a bit expensive for one decal option, you could by the SH kit plus Syhart decals slightly cheaper than the Revell kit and have some spare decals left over.

That seems to be the way with Revell at the moment. The Revell re-boxes of the Academy OV-10 Bronco and PBY Catalina are both substantially more expensive than the Academy originals.

On 2/11/2020 at 12:17 AM, klr said:

That seems to be the way with Revell at the moment. The Revell re-boxes of the Academy OV-10 Bronco and PBY Catalina are both substantially more expensive than the Academy originals.

... and are consequently languishing on the shelves on many a LHS.

Cheers,

Andte

On 2/10/2020 at 11:17 PM, klr said:

Not sure that's actually particularly meaningful. Revell has certain set prices higher than previous Academy releases sold at when batches of them last went into UK distribution some years ago,  but as far as I can see neither the PBY not the Bronco are currently available new in Academy boxings from UK retailers - at least, I can't find them as anything other than 'out of stock' at all the usual major shops -  and we have no idea what price any future new Academy releases of them will be priced at.

And at least with the Revell versions you get a usable decal sheet.

57 minutes ago, Des said:

Caveat Emptor - or - do some basic research before parting with the cash.

I'm putting my 'casual modeller' 🎩 on and do some research.

1) - Everything I need in one box excluding paint in the LHS. 

2) - Order SH kit online somewhere, add shipping & handling + have someone tell me about Syhart in the first place (there's a stretch) AND order online & add more shipping and handling costs.

By the way, over here, price difference for the very hard to get (I tried) academy PBY-5 in a Revell boxing is 5€.

You can see where I'm going with this, probably?

The  'casual modeller' 🎩 will go for option 1. 

• Like 1