revell 2020 1st quarter releases

modelldoc

16 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

A 1/72 Ju-88A-1 in March. That’s good news. Hope fully. It will be a variant of their kit and not the Zvezda A-5. Zvezda’s 1/72 Ju-88’s aren’t bad but Revell’stwo are really nice.

At long last a Battle of Britain era Ju88.

9 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Interesting that both Revell and Airfix are now rereleasing Academy 1/35th scale armour in their own boxes.

Academy armour? The only armour-kits (to be revealed so far!) in 35th scale is the Sd.Kfz. 251 (ex ICM). Or are you referring to the Kiowa?

Michael

4 hours ago, Chimpion said:

It seems to be exactly that - check out You Tube videos of Revell's stand at recent shows.

Blimey! I wasn't far off then. Mind you, I failed to guess the cardboard cutout Brandenburg gate :-). Still, a neat little display from Revell.

Steve

14 minutes ago, 71chally said:

The B-25 looks nice, take it it's a nice base kit?

It's the Accurate Miniatures kit. Excellent basis, but not without well documented issues. There's also substantial AM if you partake. It is also released by Academy (they mark it as an AccMin kit).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

The EF-111A re-issue is nice, but is it the Monogram mould or the Italeri? I hope its the Monogram one.

Colin 

The IPMS Deutschland website it says it's a reintroduction so that will most probably mean Monogram tooling (as the late 1990s Revell issue of the Raven was the Revell-Monogram one) - then again the kitreviewonline one says it's ex-Italeri. My money is definitely on Monogram as I think the IPMS website gets their info directly from Revell if I'm not mistaken? Also why turn to Italeri if Revell have their own necessary tooling in their own cellar? 

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

1 hour ago, Mountain goat said:

My money is definitely on Monogram as I think the IPMS website gets their info directly from Revell if I'm not mistaken?

Jay

Hi Jay!
The guys from IPMS Deutschland attended exactly the same Press Conference last Thursday than I did!
And the ProductDevelopment clearly stated: Co-operation with Italeri!

I also thought it will be Monogramm, but after I asked about the origins they told us: Italeri!

And here´s the official Revell press release text for this product:

"04974 EF-111A Raven, 1:72

The EF-111A Raven is a swing wing heavy combat aircraft used for electronic warfare among others during Operation Desert Storm. Its task was to disrupt the enemy's radar and thereby limit his tactical ability. The aircraft did not carry any weapons and relied only on its acceleration and top speed in aerial combat.

Sales Points:

·         New construction kit mould (Italeri)

·         Moveable swing wings

A construction kit for the advanced modeller with many decal versions

Level 4

Basis: Co-operation"

So it´s Italeri!

Michael

Edited by Der Lingener
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Der Lingener said:

Hi Jay!
The guys from IPMS Deutschland attended exactly the same Press Conference last Thursday than I did!
And the ProductDevelopment clearly stated: Co-operation with Italeri!

I also thought it will be Monogramm, but after I asked about the origins they told us: Italeri!

And here´s the official Revell press release text for this product:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your elaboration! One may hope the Product Development team was a little confused that day and had their facts wrong 😁. I thought Revell AG now owned all the Revell and Monogram toolings in the portofolio of the former Hobbico Inc after that company went bankrupt. Perhaps in the case of the Raven the Italeri tooling was cheaper to take over than producing their own. Shame, as I would buy two Revell-Monogram ones, but none of the Italeri. 

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat

The Hawk T.1 reissue says it has extra parts for underwing loads, hopefiully not just the usual gun and sidewinders. I got a few of the old tool Airfix kit (1970's) just for the weapons.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon
  • Like 2

On 11/15/2019 at 10:32 PM, Trenton guy said:

A 1/72 Ju-88A-1 in March. That’s good news. Hope fully. It will be a variant of their kit and not the Zvezda A-5. Zvezda’s 1/72 Ju-88’s aren’t bad but Revell’stwo are really nice.

Great news. I've bought some years ago Zvezda A-5 just to convert it for A-1, lucky I did not done it yet.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, John said:

Fantastic. Does anybody do 1939 KG30 markings for the 17th October raid on the River Forth? 

If not I hope we'll see a set from someone soon. 

John 

Interesting is that Techmod some time ago released alredy set of decals to A-1, on top there is machine from KG 30, though not that one lost in 1939! :) 

e0f81ad4bb07be34f712e4cbb4c11a31.jpg

IT looks that after release in 1/32 of that variant for somone in Techmod it was obvious that there is (will be soon) market enough wide to do decals. BTW - similar set is in 1/48 and (with smaller choice) in 1/32. 

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 12:11 PM, Homebee said:

For the a/c range: nothing new. Just reissue of old kits, reboxing from other brands kits and variant of existing models...

REV01.jpg

More informations regarding the release months and some box art here: http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-januar-april-2020/

V.P.

So I didn't read it wrong. Absolutely nothing new at all? Not very impressed. Might get the Typhoon and another An -225 ( memo to partner for Christmas 2020 prezzie!) but, other than that, nothing on that list for me. Hope Airfix does better

Mind you, it it a only the list up to April?. Maybe more news in the new year?

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Great news. I've bought some years ago Zvezda A-5 just to convert it for A-1, lucky I did not done it yet.

Interesting is that Techmod some time ago released alredy set of decals to A-1, on top there is machine from KG 30, though not that one lost in 1939! :) 

e0f81ad4bb07be34f712e4cbb4c11a31.jpg

IT looks that after release in 1/32 of that variant for somone in Techmod it was obvious that there is (will be soon) market enough wide to do decals. BTW - similar set is in 1/48 and (with smaller choice) in 1/32. 

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Thanks, I've seen that one. There seems to be some debate about the shield on the nose of the Ju88s, it could have been the "umbrella in the gunsight" rather that the diving eagle.

J

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

So I didn't read it wrong. Absolutely nothing new at all? Not very impressed. Might get the Typhoon and another An -225 ( memo to partner for Christmas 2020 prezzie!) but, other than that, nothing on that list for me. Hope Airfix does better

Allan

Have read through the list, used Google translate coz my German is crap! The An 225 seems to have no interior and no chassis (which I assume is landing gear?) and has a stand supplied.

Paul Harrison

3 minutes ago, GreenDragon said:

Have read through the list, used Google translate coz my German is crap! The An 225 seems to have no interior and no chassis (which I assume is landing gear?) and has a stand supplied.

Paul Harrison

And a correspondingly lower price, hopefully!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

Paul Harrison

It comes with much simplyfied interior and, yes, no undercarriage, but a stand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paul: Exactly: A much "minimized" interior minus undercarriage!

And the price will be ... in the 80 Euros range!😬

Sorry for these news!

As for the Raven: Jay, of course Revell Germany now owns (nearly but not) all molds from Revell USA/Monogram! And me personally I would have expected the old but venerable Monogram-Raven; surprise, surprise that they chose a co-operation with Italeri!

As for the clamor about the missing new mold kits: You are absolutely right about that, but don´t forget: Revell-Germany now has a new owner after the bankruptcy (ooh, strange word that is!)  of Hobbico (it´s former owner!) and the new investor is interested in "making money": So the logic behind is clear: it is much cheaper to re-issue old kits or co-operate with ICM, Zvezda and Italeri than to develop new kits out of expensive new molds!

And trust me: At least in the 24th auto scale you will get two-and-a-half "new tool" kits from May onwards!
And in 72nd military you can expect 2 "new tool" kits too!

And let´s all hope for Nuremberg Toy Fair - maybe a surprise-announcement will al delight us!
I´ll keep you informed!

Michael

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

Paul Harrison

Thanks for the info Paul. That's very disappointing. Guess I will scratch the Revell one off my list and go for the Zvezda reboxing instead!. Another post indicated a price in the 80 Euro range for the reissued Revell  kit so, basically you're getting less kit for the same price. (Mine cost £68).

The idea seems a bit redundant to me because, they could have actually supplied a stand (for those that like such things) with the original kit instead of leaving bits out and charging customers the same price for less model?

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

And a correspondingly lower price, hopefully!

Doesn't look like it. A previous post indicates a price approx. 80 Euros. That's £68 or, $88 US. The full kit is available for less !

Allan

14 hours ago, Der Lingener said:

in the 24th auto scale you will get two-and-a-half "new tool" kits from May onwards!

That sounds interesting!  Guessing the half a new tool could be another version of the recently released Land Rover 109", as there appears to be scope for that based on the sprue layouts - an 88" would be a great addition!  However I wonder what the others could be...  Wasn't there a rumour / announcement a while back that then went quiet, for an Aston-Martin DB5 from Revell?  Or does this mean that Revell might be scaling down their recent 1:16 Porsche 356 to 1:24?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Der Lingener said:

And in 72nd military you can expect 2 "new tool" kits too!

Michael

Do you mean AFVs or aircraft ?

Regards

Robert

7 minutes ago, sorleygoldie said:

I noticed on last weeks Revell email that their on line store is selling Heller kits. Does anyone know if there is a new link between the companies?

Heller is owned by Glow2be which is a distributor in Germany which also distributes Revell. But how it works the other way around - Heller being on Revell's website - no idea, I'm curious too.

Jay