revell 2020 1st quarter releases

modelldoc

A 1/72 Ju-88A-1 in March. That’s good news. Hope fully. It will be a variant of their kit and not the Zvezda A-5. Zvezda’s 1/72 Ju-88’s aren’t bad but Revell’stwo are really nice.

Interesting that both Revell and Airfix are now rereleasing Academy 1/35th scale armour in their own boxes. I haven’t noticed if there’s been any overlap though.

Also notable is the rebox of the ICM He 111H-6 rather than the ex-Monogram kit they already own.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, modelldoc said:

Well I rather think the 1/72 Hawk is a bit of a pleasant surprise - maybe it's me but the red plastic of the Red Arrows issue is not ideal or fun to work with.

So here's hoping the new kit will be grey plastic plus decals for operational RAF versions (please include Green-Grey pretty please Revell - TWU units of the 1980s offer much to choose from. What about 79 Sqn eh?)

Jay

• Like 1

The Ju-88 A1 is a pleasant surprise, the re-boxing of the Italeri F-35A however is an own goal as its terrible  and surely they could have got access to the superior Academy or Hasegawa kits.

Nice to see Invincible re-issued again

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John said:

Fantastic. Does anybody do 1939 KG30 markings for the 17th October raid on the River Forth? 

If not I hope we'll see a set from someone soon. 

John 

My old Doctor had a painting of a Ju88 being intercepted by a Spitfire in that raid on his surgery wall, always wanted a dogfight double of it!

Paul Harrison

• Like 2

Gosh! How long has a Ju-88A-1 been needed in 1/72? Good to see the Junkers F.13 back as well. I'll be up for a couple of those too. Also, I wonder if the 1/24 "New" Beetle is the "New" Beetle, or the "New New" Beetle? Nice one on the 88A-1 Revell.

Steve

Edited by fightersweep

For the a/c range: nothing new. Just reissue of old kits, reboxing from other brands kits and variant of existing models...

REV01.jpg

More informations regarding the release months and some box art here: http://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-januar-april-2020/

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

1 minute ago, Homebee said:

Nothing new in fact, just reissue of old kits, reboxing from other brands kits and variant of existing models...

V.P.

Is the Ju-88A-1 not a new kit then?

6 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Is the Ju-88A-1 not a new kit then?

It's a variant of the earlier (and very nice) A-4 and C-6 boxings.

Now, Revell, how about the G series? ;)

Cheers,

Andre

Just now, fightersweep said:

Thanks Andre. So an existing tooling with new parts to modify. I still haven't built the A-4 yet. I must pick one up.

Highly recommended! The cockpit alone is a work of art.

Cheers,

Andre

2 hours ago, fightersweep said:

I wonder what the 1/24 30th Berlin Wall gift set will contain? I'm guessing a Trabby and maybe a section of wall? Sounds intriguing.

It seems to be exactly that - check out You Tube videos of Revell's stand at recent shows.