"100 Above" - Crossing the Perimeter Road

Hello

Here is the 1/144 Revell Boeing 747-436 wearing a mix of 26Decals, Draw and AA decals in the British Airways Chatham Historic Dockyard livery. Photo etch landing gear assemblies were used along with 3D printed leading and trailing edge flap sets (that was a lot of plastic surgery)

I made the kit to display the aircraft on very short finals but have been constantly told that as it tells a story and has figures, that it qualifies as a diorama, so here it is just about to cross the perimeter road of no particular UK location.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-03 at 10.59.04 AM

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-03 at 10.59.04 AM(1)

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-03 at 10.59.03 AM

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-03 at 10.59.03 AM(1)

John

• Like 44

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:25 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

I saw this at Telford and it was one of the (few) models I snapped and shared - terrific stuff well done!

TT

why, thank you very, very much. I am pleased you like it.

John

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:40 PM, 593jones said:

I'm not normally bothered about civil aircraft, but that is a corker!  Very well executed :thumbsup:

many thanks there 593

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, nick32 said:

Wow.... Fantastic. I too saw it at Telford, it stood out to me because its different. 

Very well done too!

thanks Nick - glad you liked it - the big red Quantas Wanula Dreaming 747 above and behind it at the Nationals was also one of mine

Hi John,

A diorama is a diorama and that's a brilliant one. I once had to answer the call of nature at Heathrow late at night when I was a taxi driver and jumped out to go up against what I thought was just a big screen/sound-break. Moments later a 747 came in about 40ft above my head and I got wet trousers lol. This dio reminded me of that.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 2

As has been stated already - I saw this great piece of work at Telford and took some pics.  It is now on our club website as one the highlights of the weekend.

Great work - well done!!!

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, Norseman 3:16 said:

As has been stated already - I saw this great piece of work at Telford and took some pics.  It is now on our club website as one the highlights of the weekend.

Great work - well done!!!

Many thanks there Norseman

• 1 year later...
On 11/16/2019 at 12:17 PM, nick32 said:

Wow.... Fantastic. I too saw it at Telford, it stood out to me because its different. 

Very well done too!

Thank you very much - looking back at this makes me really sad that all our lovely Queens have gone forever. So so very very sad