Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Martian Hale

Focke Wulfe Triebflugel

Recommended Posts

 

7 hours ago, general melchett said:
Quote

That is deeply disturbing!

I think he blends in perfectly...good for a spot of foreign diplomacy...her Ma'amness looks suitably amused.

hmmm ...... of course I'm not in the photo! 😁 In the photo, a meme called "witness from Fryazino", popular on the Russian Internet:

Svidetel_London.jpg

Fryazino_Putin.jpg

Fryazino_Yalta.jpg

http://wikireality.ru/wiki/Свидетель_из_Фрязино

 

 

B.R.

Serge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

 

Seem logical after all these Belgian beer...

Making a buy one get 2... A trieflugel of the Papageistaffel of the JV 44

Red belly with white stripes...

I did'nt tell of a yellow belly with black stripes dear Alien !!

I bought the Blackburn Firebrand TF.2 in Telford...

And next year, we will have a 1/48 injected Firebrand 5

It's Christmas !!

And the guy of Combat kit is working on a resin 1/48 Blackburn Shark:cheers:

That's great !! For sure !!

Sincerely

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Sorry to disappoint you Uncle Uncool but those pictures reflect real events and no Photoshop was needed. The General donned his battle pants of his own free will and no coercion was required {well, none to speak of). For Elaine's part, she claims she was only obeying orders albeit somewhat enthusiastically. 

Ah, well, Martian. No offence, then little sister's off the hook, I infer? Everyone's so indulgent to her, I wonder why... :hmmm:

Yeh, me does...

Cheers,

 

Unc2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Definitely No, it last since that wonderfull year of 1963...

Even wonderfull for St Emilion's grape.... and ensuing beverage....

 

You know me too much dear tentacled one...

I also have a great taste to put myself in weird straits !!

I did'nt blame the martian at all, it could have been far worse than the twins triebflugel...

A twin triebflugel ???:wicked:

No ! no! forget that immediately !!

A night fighter twin triebflugel with radar pods, rockets and fuel tanks....

Any candidate ??

Do not forget the synchronisation device for the rotors, We need the sound advice of an helicopter guru

someone like @Ex-FAAWAFU... Just sayin'

Enthusiast CC

I don't think that even Crisp would be daft enough to try flying one of these things/

24 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

 

 

13 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

 

hmmm ...... of course I'm not in the photo! 😁 In the photo, a meme called "witness from Fryazino", popular on the Russian Internet:

Svidetel_London.jpg

Fryazino_Putin.jpg

Fryazino_Yalta.jpg

http://wikireality.ru/wiki/Свидетель_из_Фрязино

 

 

B.R.

Serge

So are you saying you bear a resemblance to Princess Kate or Josef Stalin?

12 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Seem logical after all these Belgian beer...

Making a buy one get 2... A trieflugel of the Papageistaffel of the JV 44

Red belly with white stripes...

I did'nt tell of a yellow belly with black stripes dear Alien !!

I bought the Blackburn Firebrand TF.2 in Telford...

And next year, we will have a 1/48 injected Firebrand 5

It's Christmas !!

And the guy of Combat kit is working on a resin 1/48 Blackburn Shark:cheers:

That's great !! For sure !!

Sincerely

CC

Good to know the 1/48 Firebrand is coming along as I helped with the research for this kit.

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

 

I thought Dan Dare but clearly deranged minds think alike!

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I don't think that even Crisp would be daft enough to try flying one of these things/

 

So are you saying you bear a resemblance to Princess Kate or Josef Stalin?

Good to know the 1/48 Firebrand is coming along as I helped with the research for this kit.

Be blessed for that Dear Alien !!

it has been announced today on Roy sutherland FB page !!

One more rocket fuel on that !!

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Ah, well, Martian. No offence, then little sister's off the hook, I infer? Everyone's so indulgent to her, I wonder why... :hmmm:

Yeh, me does...

Cheers,

 

Unc2

As it happens she is my best friend's wife, lovely girl, daft as a brush but lovely all the same. She can give @general melchett a good run for his money as I am sure he can bear witness.

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

She can give @general melchett a good run for his money as I am sure he can bear witness.

She certainly did....I'm still running:shutup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, general melchett said:

She certainly did....I'm still running:shutup:

May I join you then? She has been going on about a whole new look for us so even I'm worried now! :frantic:

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, Martian, after looking at the fuselage assembly in its current state, it suddenly dawned on me what it reminds me of. I used to have this little plastic rocket when I was a wee lad that you filled with water and then pumped up like the dickens with a little bicycle pump-looking thingie, and then launched it into the stratosphere, leaving behind a trail of water vapor...take away the rotors and MG151's and there you are! (Or, Bob's your Uncle, seeing as how this is a UK website)

Mike

 

What is it that Troy always says- something about never trusting a Triebflugel without a photo? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, general melchett said:

To what depths will she plumb?....if you're worried then then I fear things are going to get very nasty, rather quickly  :sad:

Even her husband has not discovered how low she is prepared to stoop and that's after over twenty five years. Perhaps we should be forming the escape committee now.

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

You know, Martian, after looking at the fuselage assembly in its current state, it suddenly dawned on me what it reminds me of. I used to have this little plastic rocket when I was a wee lad that you filled with water and then pumped up like the dickens with a little bicycle pump-looking thingie, and then launched it into the stratosphere, leaving behind a trail of water vapor...take away the rotors and MG151's and there you are! (Or, Bob's your Uncle, seeing as how this is a UK website)

Mike

 

What is it that Troy always says- something about never trusting a Triebflugel without a photo? 

I see where you are coming from, Baldrick told me that it looks distressingly like something that the General was using in some unspeakable way at the last Regimental dinner, although apparently the rotors were attached and spinning at the time. He adds that the General was wearing his number one mess pants at the time, or did he say messy?

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

or did he say messy?

Maybe messed-in would be more appropriate? Gotta go- must haul all of my Phantom and Viper kits down and go through each one looking for the two travel pods I squirreled away years ago for an F-16B project.- of course, as soon as I give up the search and buy some aftermarket ones, they will turn up! (I think that's the Second Law of Modelling: a missing part shall be found right after buying another kit just for that one part.) Can't wait to see what scheme you decide upon for your little flying whisk!

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

You know, Martian, after looking at the fuselage assembly in its current state, it suddenly dawned on me what it reminds me of. I used to have this little plastic rocket when I was a wee lad that you filled with water and then pumped up like the dickens with a little bicycle pump-looking thingie, and then launched it into the stratosphere, leaving behind a trail of water vapor..

 

Mike, great minds think alike...I was thinking exactly the same thing.

 

One of these perchance?

 

vintage-water-rocket-park-rocket-pr-1-37

 

Many a happy hour spent on No Mans Land common near Harpenden, Herts, in the late sixties, firing the things upward, directly above a small (and ever dwindling) crowd of my fellow anarchists and seeing how many I could hit with a vertical plunging attack and send packing to the nearest A&E department...ah, the good old days, a care-free and seriously dangerous time to be menace to society...

 

Quote

 see where you are coming from, Baldrick told me that it looks distressingly like something that the General was using in some unspeakable way at the last Regimental dinner, although apparently the rotors were attached and spinning at the time. He adds that the General was wearing his number one mess pants at the time, or did he say messy?

Good lord! I was only demonstrating the correct way of using the appliance to de-feather and pluck the regimental cormorant, Keith, from a standing position...despite giving him a head start, into the prevailing wind I might add, he still took exception to proceedings and, well, you know the rest of the story, terrible business. (Actually, they were my number two mess pants :sick:)

Edited by general melchett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

May I join you then? She has been going on about a whole new look for us so even I'm worried now! :frantic:

 

Martian 👽

Huh ??

Can't wait to see that... :wicked:

 

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

To what depths will she plumb?....if you're worried then then I fear things are going to get very nasty, rather quickly  :sad:

So Dear General, it is time now to start reenact the "Escape from Colditz"

There was an action man boxing about it in the 70's :cheers:

I hope that Elaine will take her time until Telford 2021....

If not, The Great admiral of the Poole galactic fleet and you will not benefit of the anaestetic effect of the rocket fuel :wicked:

Just sayin'

Sincerely

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, general melchett said:

One of these perchance?

Andy,

Couldn't open your attachment- another one of those freakin' blinking grey rectangles! See if the link below brings back any memories, The one I had was bigger and was made of  blue tinted plastic as I recall. Once you got the w-stoff poured in and pumped like mad, the little spud went pretty far up! Guidance system and payload weren't worth a tinker's damn, but much more reliable than the V-2! Never could score a direct hit on my sister's playhouse, despite numerous tries! (Too bad Mattel never made an rpg with Greenie Stick-em caps!)

Mike

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ffAELcE-M

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Huh ??

Can't wait to see that... :wicked:

 

So Dear General, it is time now to start reenact the "Escape from Colditz"

There was an action man boxing about it in the 70's :cheers:

I hope that Elaine will take her time until Telford 2021....

If not, The Great admiral of the Poole galactic fleet and you will not benefit of the anaestetic effect of the rocket fuel :wicked:

Just sayin'

Sincerely

CC

Nil Desperandum. We may yet find a way of persuading Mme Corsair Corp to see the wisdom of letting you attend Telford every year. How would she react to a democratic vote on the subject?

 

Martian the Democrat 👽 (Stop laughing you lot!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martian the Democrat !

 

:giggle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

 How would she react to a democratic vote on the subject?

We may well be accused of bias. A dirty word. Mind you, so is crevice, that's positively disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait.. WAIT!!  Did somebody (somebody Belgian, to be precise) say that there is a realistic prospect of a 1/48 Firebrand and Shark??  Be still my beating heart!  Give me those over made-up Nazi nonsense, any day of the week.

 

OK, CC, I’ll humour your idea of a twin Triebflügel (Twiebflügel?).  [Or, to pick up and run with @72modeler’s excellent description, a twin tub blender with MG151s].  But the rotors have to be counter-rotating, obviously, so good luck with designing that one.  And someone will need to get one or two flight control computers back to 1946 in their time machine to make it controllable on take-off and landing, but these are mere details.  Or maybe not; maybe the completely frictionless bearing (yeah, right!) that meant the first one wouldn’t need an anti-torque device, honest guv, has been perfected yet further in our Chimay-fuelled future, and supplemented with an anti-gravity device.

 

By the way, what is “suspension of disbelief” in German?  And “complete tosh”?

 

[Incidentally (to be slightly serious for a second) one of the (many) things that nark me about the whole Luft 46 thing [which to my mind has distinctly uncomfortable overtones of how simply wonderful those lovely Nazi engineers were, if only we could overlook their lack of tact with the Untermenschen] is the way that the box art always portrays sexy science [*cough*] fiction machines scything their way through hapless Allied aircraft (qv flaming Liberator box art on this very kit).  Always hapless Allied aircraft circa 1944, obviously; we wouldn’t want to puncture the delicious fantasy by allowing the other side’s technology to advance, would we?  This is all about Nazi superiority!]

 

 

Sigh.  It’s no good.  I loved the Martian Fallen Madonna /Herr Flick Haunebu build, so whatever my deep distaste for the whole Luft 46 genre... ya got me.  I’m in, provided it’s completely bonkers.  But this is a Martian build; why am I even asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

 But this is a Martian build; why am I even asking?

Blimey be careful those tentacles have a long reach !

 

All heil .........ooops i mean All Hail The Martian !!! 

 

Danke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well much as I like the flugelhorn if it were a viable concept then I would have expected to see a Us, British or soviet me too I.e the Messerschmitt p1011 , was pretty much copied by all of them. 
 

As for the typical box art I think it’s more representative of the lone nazi pilot flying through hordes of allied bombers trying to. Shoot one down. If you read Adolf Gallands book ( and I have) the scenes look pretty representative to me. And yes I am presuming that we all remember that the Nazi regime is one of the most abhorrent in history but their technology was fascinating if only because a lot of it was being developed in a fantasy world where one new super weapon would knock the US and or Britain out of the war and bring ultimate victory. Arguably If they had stopped all the development and concentrated on Me 262s and panzer IVs they might have won( thank God for hitlers/ gorings  gross mismanagement, again read the Galland book, it’s actually quite well written and is a pretty good case study in middle management not being listened to by senior management)

Edited by Marklo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Couldn't open your attachment- another one of those freakin' blinking grey rectangles! See if the link below brings back any memories, The one I had was bigger and was made of  blue tinted plastic as I recall. Once you got the w-stoff poured in and pumped like mad, the little spud went pretty far up! Guidance system and payload weren't worth a tinker's damn, but much more reliable than the V-2! Never could score a direct hit on my sister's playhouse, despite numerous tries! (Too bad Mattel never made an rpg with Greenie Stick-em caps!)

I've reposted the image Mike, it's the Park Plastics Water Rocket from the mid sixties. I also had hours of fun re-enacting the early, and usually highly self-destructive V-2 launches either on the common, in the garden or on the school playing field, (generally, wherever there was a decently sized social gathering).

 

Quote

Sigh.  It’s no good.  I loved the Martian Fallen Madonna /Herr Flick Haunebu build, so whatever my deep distaste for the whole Luft 46 genre... ya got me.  I’m in, provided it’s completely bonkers.  But this is a Martian build; why am I even asking?

Good to hear that you're down in the weeds with this one Crisp. I feel pretty much the same way but cannot resist some of the crazier designs,  purely from a modelling point of view.

Bonkers...I don't think Martian is capable of anything less...well, at least I hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Norman said:

Martian the Democrat !

 

:giggle:

Do I detect an air of skepticism here? 

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

We may well be accused of bias. A dirty word. Mind you, so is crevice, that's positively disgusting.

That's it just set the General off why don't you!

8 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Wait.. WAIT!!  Did somebody (somebody Belgian, to be precise) say that there is a realistic prospect of a 1/48 Firebrand and Shark??  Be still my beating heart!  Give me those over made-up Nazi nonsense, any day of the week.

 

OK, CC, I’ll humour your idea of a twin Triebflügel (Twiebflügel?).  [Or, to pick up and run with @72modeler’s excellent description, a twin tub blender with MG151s].  But the rotors have to be counter-rotating, obviously, so good luck with designing that one.  And someone will need to get one or two flight control computers back to 1946 in their time machine to make it controllable on take-off and landing, but these are mere details.  Or maybe not; maybe the completely frictionless bearing (yeah, right!) that meant the first one wouldn’t need an anti-torque device, honest guv, has been perfected yet further in our Chimay-fuelled future, and supplemented with an anti-gravity device.

 

By the way, what is “suspension of disbelief” in German?  And “complete tosh”?

 

[Incidentally (to be slightly serious for a second) one of the (many) things that nark me about the whole Luft 46 thing [which to my mind has distinctly uncomfortable overtones of how simply wonderful those lovely Nazi engineers were, if only we could overlook their lack of tact with the Untermenschen] is the way that the box art always portrays sexy science [*cough*] fiction machines scything their way through hapless Allied aircraft (qv flaming Liberator box art on this very kit).  Always hapless Allied aircraft circa 1944, obviously; we wouldn’t want to puncture the delicious fantasy by allowing the other side’s technology to advance, would we?  This is all about Nazi superiority!]

 

 

Sigh.  It’s no good.  I loved the Martian Fallen Madonna /Herr Flick Haunebu build, so whatever my deep distaste for the whole Luft 46 genre... ya got me.  I’m in, provided it’s completely bonkers.  But this is a Martian build; why am I even asking?

Bonkers is pretty much guaranteed. Ironically though, as one of the craziest designs, it seems to be one that had the most effort expended on it, both on the part of Focke-Wulf and the RLM.  It would probably have ended up in the "too difficult" pile as it would have proved incredibly hard to land safely as did other tail sitting designs such as the Lockheed Salmon and Convair Pogo. The diorama is where the even more bonkers bit is likely to come in. Ideas for a back story to:

 

Martian,

Martian Towers,

Poole.

 

Planet Wibble

 

The winner gets a night out with General Melchett. the runner up getting three nights out with General Melchett.

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

Bonkers...I don't think Martian is capable of anything less...well, at least I hope not.

I would be unworthy as a member of Britmodeller if I was!

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too had one of those rockets! Great fun as a kid. (They went pretty well in the horizontal plane too, if you had a good target!)

 

Wait a sec.

Bonkers and Martian, in the same sentance....I see no problem there.

Night out and Melchett.....big problem!

@corsaircorp, we may need a large order of Belgian rocket fuel, some curry, a parrot, and a goat!

 

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...