Focke Wulfe Triebflugel

Martian

1 minute ago, corsaircorp said:

More testing in November 2021..

Tell Mme CC we can;t wait that long for medical supplies. Has she no compassion?

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Not all at once, you wouldn't...

I can't agree with that. We are all very nice certified lunatics and there are plenty of bonkers BM members across the pond to prepare Mike for his trip. Who knows? Mike may even be one of them. Remember the Britmodeller entrance requirement, "Must be completely gaga".

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

there are plenty of bonkers BM members across the pond to prepare Mike for his trip. 

Nothing can prepare him for that...it takes years of intense training, psychometric testing, wearing of silly hats etc, elocution lessons, not to mention the years of therapy that would be needed following such a harrowing experience...a fate worse, that a fate worse, than death.. 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, general melchett said:

..a fate worse, that a fate worse, than death.. 

But nobody is asking him to wear your battle Y fronts!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Welcome to Martian's threads...I take no responsibility for this...

Its always nice to see the tradition of the Imperial General Staff taking their share of responsibility.

13 minutes ago, CJP said:

I thought I was logging in to Britmodeller to see what is going on but I seem to have ended up in an episode of BlackAdder

CJP

There's all sorts of weirdness that accompany my threads, the most outrageous of all being that they often end in a finished model. At least I can never be accused of taking things too seriously. I don't want to cause a panic but I shall be worrying plastic on this one this weekend.

Martian 👽

PS: Clearly CJP did not read the small print. I have just checked post number one and the word bonkers was mentioned twice and @general melchett once, which should have been a bit of a clue.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Martian said:

Its always nice to see the tradition of the Imperial General Staff taking their share of responsibility.

There's all sorts of weirdness that accompany my threads, the most outrageous of all being that they often end in a finished model. At least I can never be accused of taking things too seriously. I don't want to cause a panic but I shall be worrying plastic on this one this weekend.

Martian 👽

PS: Clearly CJP did not read the small print. I have just checked post number one and the word bonkers was mentioned twice and @general melchett once, which should have been a bit of a clue.

Ahhhh - I do admit to a bit of light headedness having been induced/influenced to start a vacform kit

CJP

• Haha 2

I found some time to crack on with this today. The Mini Art "Scaffolding" set only gives the modeller a generic set of parts allowing different forms of scaffolding to be constructed. This being the case I decided that it might be best to get the undercarriage to the point where I can figure out what form I want the scaffolding to take. Both the wheels for the out riggers and the castors for the scaffolding seem to share the same parts so I only needed to finish off the outriggers at this stage.

The parts for the outriggers are not the greatest fit to each other and a lot of time was spent cleaning them up. Fortunately, the fit of the outriggers to the model is excellent and allows the model to sit squarely on all for points of contact with the ground.

I decided that the outriggers could do with some extra detail and added some bolts cut from .20 'thou plastic rod. I think next I will have a play with the scaffolding set and get a feel for what form I want it to take.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

PS: The serious bit over, the mayhem may now resume. Over to you @general melchett

043.jpg

044.jpg

045.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I do admit to a bit of light headedness having been induced/influenced to start a vacform kit

That'll be the Dimethyltryptamine kicking in, all a ploy and part of Martian's 'Grand plan' CJP. Bonkeroony doesn't even come close...next, you'll be fettling various lengths of Evergreen rod.

Over to you general melchett

Thank you, your serene Martian effluence/eminence...I have control. Actually, sorry to threadrift a tad but that's one very nice Tribbleflugelhorn thingy you've got there, good to see it standing erect and proud on it's four spindly legs,  waving a casual middle finger to the gods of logic and common sense...

• Haha 7

Good lord the slug balancer is trying to do some kind of a Buster Keaton impression. I mean someone is making plastic aeroplanes in the thread. Good grief what has the world come to...

But seriously I’m looking forward to seeing this one progress. I did recently peruse said same in my (sort of) local hobby shop and were it not for the fact that 1/32 isn’t my scale came very near to buying it.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/28/2020 at 3:12 PM, 72modeler said:

If only I could! I would love to meet all of you certified lunatics in person some day!

I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested!

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

My Mother had me tested!

More than likely it was the other way around...I tested my Mother on a daily basis! (Or so she delighted in telling everyone!) :giggle:

Mike

• Haha 3

P

2 hours ago, Marklo said:

Good lord the slug balancer is trying to do some kind of a Buster Keaton impression. I mean someone is making plastic aeroplanes in the thread. Good grief what has the world come to...

I apologise for the for tne interruption caused by the worrying of plastic but it is necessary to  get to the finished article.

Martian 👽 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

Nice build so far,            Any thoughts about say a ejection seat? Or how the canopy will operate, sideways hinge or even sliding rearwards?

Are Mini Art to release another version of this beast, with this scheme overall RLM83 dark green with black + white cheques.

Latters-tatters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, amos brierley said:

Nice build so far,            Any thoughts about say a ejection seat? Or how the canopy will operate, sideways hinge or even sliding rearwards?

Are Mini Art to release another version of this beast, with this scheme overall RLM83 dark green with black + white cheques.

Latters-tatters.

Why By Jove did they need an ejection seat ??

In such a wonderfull german technology.... :rofl2:

But just in case there is a very elaborated system of a steam operated seat that slide all along the fuselage in order to be jettisoned in between the legs...

Just like a F... Well, you know what I mean...

The thing that can never, I say never, be trusted on !!

Especially after some Rocket fuel bottles... :whistle:

I'm confident in the fact that our Dear tentacled one will spend some times to reproduce it !!

Just saying... Perhaps !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Well, I'll be- a gas-operated bang seat! (I guess if the pilot ingested enough preflight sauerkraut, he wouldn't need any assistance in exiting the aircraft!)

Mike

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Tsk! There's always someone......

….And its usually you!

7 hours ago, amos brierley said:

Nice build so far, Any thoughts about say a ejection seat? Or how the canopy will operate, sideways hinge or even sliding rearwards?

Latters-tatters.

Cheers Amos, an ejection seat has already been scratch built for the contraption. Its the only possible way one could exit the thing in an emergency. Although it would be interesting to see what other options BM members could come up with! As to the canopy, I think it probably has to be side opening; at least it is going to be on this build. We need to keep at least some sense of reality!

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Why By Jove did they need an ejection seat ??

In such a wonderfull german technology.... :rofl2:

But just in case there is a very elaborated system of a steam operated seat that slide all along the fuselage in order to be jettisoned in between the legs...

The thing that can never, I say never, be trusted on !!

Especially after some Rocket fuel bottles... :whistle:

I'm confident in the fact that our Dear tentacled one will spend some times to reproduce it !!

Just saying... Perhaps !!

Sincerely.

CC

Good idea about the rocket fuel bottles CC, the trouble is that when they were needed it would most likely be discovered that certain Britmodellers of this parish had drunk the contents!

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Well, I'll be- a gas-operated bang seat! (I guess if the pilot ingested enough preflight sauerkraut, he wouldn't need any assistance in exiting the aircraft!)

Mike

Sounds like the sort of thing @general melchett would try. What's that Baldrick? He's already patented the design? There you go then, that proves it.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Martian said:

….And its usually you!

Good idea about the rocket fuel bottles CC, the trouble is that when they were needed it would most likely be discovered that certain Britmodellers of this parish had drunk the contents!

Sounds like the sort of thing @general melchett would try. What's that Baldrick? He's already patented the design? There you go then, that proves it.

Martian 👽

….And its usually you! Aaaand Herrrr ! Me !!

CC

• Haha 2

In a desperate attempt to drag this thread back to the actual plastic, I put in a really solid session at the bench today. I decided that it would be a good plan to assemble the main part of the gantry to see just how tall it needed to be. The Mini Art parts for this are extremely finely moulded, which makes for a very realistic assembly. The downside of this of course, is that it they are very easily damaged when cleaning them up. Therefore, full concentration is needed all the time, both in the cleaning up and assembly stages. When complete, we do end up with a quite a strong structure. I was at this for several hours and was utterly exhausted by the time I had got the main gantry finished hence the "four pint" subtitle.

Mini Art give us sufficient parts for a shorter gantry as well in the box. I have yet to decide whether to use these parts or not as I do not want to overcrowd the diorama which has to fit within the confines of the base board you see in the pictures. This is one case where that dreadful phrase "Less is more" may actually be true. I guess the thing to do is to make up the second gantry and have a play around. Having changed direction and decided that the 1/35 model will be the diorama after all, I need to have a scratch around and see what is on the market as regards figures and diorama accessories that can be adapted for this part of the project.

Thanks for looking and I can tell from some of the messages popping up while I have been typing up this post that the mayhem has already resumed before I have finished! Is this some sort of record?

Martian 👽

046.jpg

049.jpg

047.jpg

048.jpg

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Sounds like the sort of thing @general melchett would try

Correct CC, been there, done it, suffered the consequences. We have one of these gas-operated bang seat jonnies fitted in the memsahib’s en-suite dunny, as part of her recycling drive. Puts a big smile on her face of a morning.

For goodness sake Martian, will you stop interrupting the flow of conversation with updates on your blasted model, it’s all very confusing...

• Haha 6

Can anyone explain to me why the gantry looks bent in a couple of the pictures? I took a double take on them today and as a result checked the gantry. It looks straight to the naked eye and is indeed as straight as the ruler I subsequently checked it with.

Puzzled of Mars 👽

• Like 2