Focke Wulfe Triebflugel

Martian

Good grief! it never rains my friend, take things one at a time, if at all possible, you don't want to fall at the last fence.  Any time you and the Mem need some respite, just know, there's a little patch of (relative) sanity up here at Melchett Towers...hard to fathom, I know, but true...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Good grief! it never rains my friend, take things one at a time, if at all possible, you don't want to fall at the last fence.  Any time you and the Mem need some respite, just know, there's a little patch of (relative) sanity up here at Melchett Towers...hard to fathom, I know, but true...

Thanks Melchie, when I have managed to stabilize the situation, you may well get taken up on that! Incidentally, have Lady M and Lady M junior stopped laughing yet?

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Martian,

I am so sorry to hear about your father- of course everything else is insignificant compared to family; I understand completely the tugging at the heartstrings; I took care of my mom's affairs and care for the years she was in assisted living, memory care, and hospice. I only know you through the banter here on BM, but please accept my thoughts and prayers for you and your father- be comforted and sustained that you have so many well-wishers on Britmodeller. That little 1/72 mixmaster can wait! (Keep it away from  The General- he will most likely try to finish it for you....most likely in 111 Sq, markings!)

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 72modeler said:

Martian,

I am so sorry to hear about your father- of course everything else is insignificant compared to family; I understand completely the tugging at the heartstrings; I took care of my mom's affairs and care for the years she was in assisted living, memory care, and hospice. I only know you through the banter here on BM, but please accept my thoughts and prayers for you and your father- be comforted and sustained that you have so many well-wishers on Britmodeller. That little 1/72 mixmaster can wait! (Keep it away from  The General- he will most likely try to finish it for you....most likely in 111 Sq, markings!)

Mike

26 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Brits love a minority, and you're the only Martian we've got! Take care of yourself and remember we're here for you. (I'll drop the beer 'round the back as usual).

Message from Mrs Martian: Mr M is a bit overwhelmed at the moment by all the kindness you BM folk are showing him; but he is deeply grateful to know you are thinking of him while all this is going on. We both hope something resembling 'normal' service is resumed very soon ...

Mrs Martian 👽

• Like 7

have Lady M and Lady M junior stopped laughing yet?

Oddly enough..no, a 4x4 ft framed lithograph now adorns the Queen Anne and Mem wears a smaller version, in a locket about her neck as a small keepsake and veiled threat when it comes to family get togethers and appropriate etiquette expected of yours your tentacles have a long reach.

when I have managed to stabilize the situation, you may well get taken up on that!

You're more than welcome old fella, as long as you don't mind bunking down with Baldrick and his pet fleas in the old pumping house. Pete only lives up the road, we'll have a BM pajama party, (oh and bring Gag Halfront with you, you'll need him).

Message from Mrs Martian: Mr M is a bit overwhelmed at the moment by all the kindness you BM folk are showing him; but he is deeply grateful to know you are thinking of him while all this is going on. We both hope something resembling 'normal' service is resumed very soon ...

Mrs Martian 

You're both welcome Mrs M, it's a lot to deal with, besides, we can't have him going awol on us this early in the decade, (Earth years that is)...lets hope soon is soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Hail oh green globulous one. 
I’m just catching up with your build of this CrAzY thing. I wouldn’t mind giving one a go at some point. 😇 you’re doing a fine job sir. Sorry to hear about your father, I hope you’re all as ok as you can be.  Take care son of mars, we’re all with you. 

Johnny. 

• Thanks 1

I'd like to add my voice to the BM massive offering support to you. I have some insight into your situation, as my parents are in their 80s and becoming ever more frail. It's certainly not an easy role to adopt as carer/supervisor/finance chief.

We've not met (although I saw you at Telford last November) but please accept my sincere good wishes and support from afar

SD

• Thanks 1

Message to Mrs Martian.  If he comes back normal, we’ll know he’s been recalled to his own planet and replaced by an inadequate imposter.  We want bonkers, or he just won’t fit in with the rest of us lunatics.

• Haha 4

Sorry to hear of your Father, hope things work as well as they can. If it’s any consolation, I’m living your sig at the moment, having lost my father in law and cat recently, my nearest and dearest’s the dog’s and my own health issues and most recently thinking I was going to a meeting to ageee I’m reduced working hours and instead being told I am under consideration for redundancy( which is still technically reduced working hours but not the way I meant it)

apologies for steering the topic to me, but I feel slightly better for the little rant.

Edited by Marklo
  • Sad 2

Joining in with the general melee of Martian sympathisers here Martian and Trillian

Not good for you but I know things do get better, hopefully sooner rather...

Anything we can do just let us know, right ☺

And don't forget to have Trillian take over for a week or two, until.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 17/01/2020 at 15:52, Martian Hale said:

I feel I need to be up front with you Guys that are following this thread. 

Although the model is still progressing, such progress has been very slow. This is due to my Father being gravely ill in Oxford. This naturally involves frequent trips to visit him. I have also to manage his financial affairs and this has involved trying to pull together over ten years of financial records. These activities are both extremely time consuming and exhausting, and with a recurrence of my back injury, this leaves very little time in my life for modelling at the moment.

I will try and get my builds moved forward and may well start something else as well to try and chill out a bit as I need to get a small amount of "me" time, but please try and be patient with me as my life is not exactly my own at the moment.

Stressed of Mars 👽

Sorry to hear that - model making and entertaining website visitors is meant to be a pressure relief from life rather than a chore so you've nowt to apologise for or explain. Hope you get unstressed and such help as you all need

• Thanks 1

Hi Martian,

one thing I have learnt over the years, is that no matter how old we are, having a parent in dire straight or losing one is always heart breaking.

My thoughts go with you and your family.

Take care

JR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

The main reason that I kind of lost interest a bit in this build was when I learned that Mini Art were going to issue this kit with a gantry included in the kit. I was disappointed that they could not have done this from the off and did not feel like buying the new issue just for the gantry, It also undermined my motivation to scratch build the item. Forward wind a few months and it seems that it has occurred to Mini-Art that there may be many who have purchased the kit who felt the same. Well, yesterday this landed at Martian Towers:

042.jpg

As a result, my enthusiasm for getting on with this has been re-ignited and as soon as I can finish prepping the parts for my vacform tutorial and clean up all the plastic dust and shavings, this will be returning to the bench in short order.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

• Like 6

Glad to see you've got going again Martian (just had to explain to the Lad why you're called Martian, not Martin).  I'll be restarting mine once I've recovered it from the bulging "existing projects" box it was put in toward the end of last year when everything got packed up. :yes:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mike said:

Glad to see you've got going again Martian (just had to explain to the Lad why you're called Martian, not Martin).  I'll be restarting mine once I've recovered it from the bulging "existing projects" box it was put in toward the end of last year when everything got packed up. :yes:

You can get your existing projects in a box? Weird! It would be interesting to know what the little lad made of your explanation. He probably thinks we are all bonkers now.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Martian said:

He probably thinks we are all bonkers now.

He already knew.  It was the picture that attracted his attention though! :rofl:

• Haha 2

Looks like I'm bang to rights there. I trust you have shown him @general melchett's pictures from Telford, or is the too young to take that? Just in case he isn't, here's a reminder.

IMG-3677.jpg

49063937577-2ac49d7d81-b.jpg

Just to add some balance.

IMG-20181110-161455.jpg

IMG-20181110-161757.jpg

• Haha 3

Whaaat Martian ??

Not a single bottle of rocket fuel on the pic ??

Glad to see this kit restarted soon...

Note to self... I must buy mine, I mean the Triebflügel, not tripleKarmeliet...

CC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Seriously...

IMG_20191109_163059

or this one ??

IMG_20191109_153849

:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

Aaaah Telford is missing...

Sincerely.

CC

A more unthreatening rabble, err, I mean group of distinguished gentlemen would be hard to imagine.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

"Less unthreatening"? wait, I, umm, is that a good thing?

Ian

Typo. I meant of course, more.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1