Focke Wulfe Triebflugel

Martian

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

Now you're worried!

Sure am ...i mean where can i hide ? if i go any further south ill be at the south pole 

Perhaps i will ''try'' to be good

Worried in Straya

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Sure am ...i mean where can i hide ? if i go any further south ill be at the south pole 

Perhaps i will ''try'' to be good

Worried in Straya

Good lad. It saves me having to distribute the pictures via the Martian Antarctic Territories.

Martian of the Long Tentacle 👽

6 minutes ago, Norman said:

Ill send a picture of me being good as soon as it happens ok ?

I won't hold my breath then!

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Rocky Horror states of [un]dress at Telford in an English November ????????

That Elaine's really got it in for you lot, not that you obviously don't deserve it ! I'm still suffering nightmares from the last lot of images !!

Rog

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, roginoz said:

Rocky Horror states of [un]dress at Telford in an English November ????????

That Elaine's really got it in for you lot, not that you obviously don't deserve it ! I'm still suffering nightmares from the last lot of images !!

Rog

You should see what she's like with people she doesn't like!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing too exciting to report at the moment as I am still cleaning up and refining engine parts ready for painting. That done, we can get down to detailing on the large Triebflugel and start construction proper on Junior. It sounds a bit like Carry on Screaming doesn't it? Do you mind if I smoke?

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

One of my all time comedy scenes ever! Nothing to do with the fact that I have a humungous crush on Fenella Fielding of course. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

One of my all time comedy scenes ever! Nothing to do with the fact that I have a humungous crush on Fenella Fielding of course. 

Brilliant clip..............and i love that last line 'And i was trying to give it up'  

Move over Martian and don't hog Fenella all to yourself theres a good alien

Cheers

Lusting Downunder

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Norman said:

Brilliant clip..............and i love that last line 'And i was trying to give it up'  

Move over Martian and don't hog Fenella all to yourself theres a good alien

Cheers

Lusting Downunder

There has never been any suggestion of me being a good alien and I don't have any intention of starting now!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Norman said:

Looks like i need to choose my words more carefully !

🤪

Why bother, nobody else does, especially on my threads.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Marklo said:

I choose my words very carefully; they are predominantly English and mostly intelligible, just not necessarily in the order I use them.

Martian being my first language, I can appreciate how you struggle. I end up coming out with gibberish all the time, even when I do choose my words carefully. People seem to like it for some reason though. :confused:

In slightly more relevant news, The insides of the engines of both models and assorted gubbins got a coat of black primer today, so I can start getting them painted up tomorrow.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Mein Gott- zweiflugels! (I slip out for a snack and look what I missed!)

Mike 

Pay attention that Earthling at the back!

👽

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Pay attention that Earthling at the back!

And meanwhile us up the front are coated in gubbins paint and tentacle spray !!

The Horror ...the horror !!

• Haha 3

Following a pretty frantic week or so, things finally settled down enough for me to get some bench time in today. I have concentrated on getting the insides of the ram jets painted up. I have used Vallejo Pale Burnt Metal and Dark Aluminium for this and will most likely do the starter rockets in RLM 02, With this cured overnight, I should be able to get the engines of both models assembled tomorrow. I think I will then sort out the rotor roots for Triebflugel junior as there is a bit more work to be done there as the kit does not provide collars for the rotors and I will need to strengthen this area of the model.

I also test fitted the nose cone which went well. I drilled a pilot hole for a potential pitot tube in the tip but here we need to have a conversation. Most people would have the pitot tube in the extreme nose of the aircraft, However some drawings, and such documents we have from Focke-Wulf, seem to this show a small transparency for what seems to be some sort of gun camera. Fair enough but where then could the pitot go? Certainly not behind the rotors as they would impede and accurate reading of actual airspeed. Answers on a postcard to me at Martian Towers or directly to this thread. The best answer wins a book of Vogon poetry.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

• Like 5

I'm becoming disenchanted with the results I've been getting from Alclad metals of late and must say that your excellent results here Martian would tempt me to try the Vallejo offerings next time, although have seen good things about the AK Extreme stuff in Giorgio's thread as well. :hmmm:

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Fair enough but where then could the pitot go?

You had to ask a bunch as coarse as us? :evil_laugh:

Is this the camera thing in the nose apex you mentioned?

trib9.jpg

• Like 1

That is indeed the thing I was referring to, although I had not seen that particular drawing. I am half tempted to model the feature. You are of course correct that I should have thought more about how to word the pitot question on this forum and I will deserve all the bawdy replies that are doubtless coming my way. Still, I dish out enough of them myself so fair's fair.

The Vallejo paints seem to be able to withstand masking better than Alclad but once done, I feel that Alclad do still have a slightly better appearance. I guess it all comes down to what one is trying to achieve. As I plan to have the engines in natural metal on both models and maybe one of them in mostly NMF, this is something I shall need to ponder on.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

My Dear Uncle Martian

Glad tideings to you and yours

After consulting extensive...........thats Extensive.........ie a lot of google rubbish references, then going to a seance, mind reader, then a tarrot card reader, emailing my hapless modelling experten, and asking a german friend i came up with bugger all !!!!! so i sat down had a few stiff drinks of Belgian Beer (modelling accelerator) collapsing  ......then after i woke up two days later that,

What i would do.....and i humbly beseech you oh wise tentacled one with the attack wife ,

Is put it on the nose but off centre a bit like some  Airliners do

I do earnestly hope this helps

Your unworthy Pleb 

Norm from Downunder

P.S. can i start my Triebflugel please and join in or do i need a seperate thread as one doesn't like to offend or encroach

There was an old fart from Downunder

Who was always afraid of a blunder 

He begged of the Martian 

To take part like a Marvin

Whilst hoping he wasn't ploughed under 

http://49175107463_bf553e5c8d_o.jpgtQJhcP4t_400x400 by Norman Long, on Flickr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Norman said:

P.S. can i start my Triebflugel please and join in or do i need a seperate thread as one doesn't like to offend or encroach

I'm happy for you to chip in here if you want. We can always start a separate thread if people start to get confused. Well, more confused than they are already.

Martia👽

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

The best answer wins a book of Vogon poetry.

Correct me if I am mistaken, but I’ve heard that only one copy of this book was ever published. Reportedly, the printer torched the original draft along with his printing press, before committing ritual suicide. 

We Earthlings have something similar: an inedible, petrified concoction known as “fruitcake”. Only one fruitcake exists — it is mailed from one household to another during the holiday season, year after year, and never actually eaten. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, billn53 said:

We Earthlings have something similar: an inedible, petrified concoction known as “fruitcake”. Only one fruitcake exists — it is mailed from one household to another during the holiday season, year after year, and never actually eaten. 

That can't be right as a fruitcake's life expectancy once Mrs Martian gets her hands on it can be measured in milliseconds.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3