Focke Wulfe Triebflugel

Martian

It looks like she has pinched General Melchett's regimental party frock. And she seems to have nicked my spare blurglecruncheon and kidnapped Melchie's regimental monkey. He's going to be well happy when he finds out!

By Jupiter's sainted trousers, I wondered where me frock, Snap-On tool set and work bench had gone! I'm afraid Leonard, the regimental Happy-Clappy monkey went on a lad's weekend break to the backstreets of Hamburg many moons ago and never came back....now, I know why :smirk: 

• Haha 4

Buying your own Crimbo pressies? I do hope they are then sent directly to Santa for the elves to wrap?

As for wayward Leonard, Is it possible he spent the Summer on Gibraltar posing with tourists? Someone search bookface or whatever it's called.

The position of first Monkey in the Lincoln Diocese was deleted late last year after the cold snap.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Buying your own Crimbo pressies? I do hope they are then sent directly to Santa for the elves to wrap?

Sadly, they have to be handed over immediately for the aforementioned wrapping and to await the appropriate days. I think it is Mrs Martian's cunning plan to try and guarantee some good behaviour for a few weeks at least. 😇

Martian the Saintly 👽

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Ah, we can but live in hope. 😆

Well, there's hope and then there's mindless optimism!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Ah, now I can help you there, I'll put you on to Lieutenant George, he has more than a passing interest in the latter. It's got us through many a narrow squeak, just look at Mboto Gorge, Dunkirk and Headingly ,'81. 

I see! so it was Lieutenant George who won us the Ashes, not the England cricket team?

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Not familiar with the third one there. Was it Cricket, the teacake shortage, or a late bus? Pip Pip!

Evil child! Not familiar with Headingly '81? Go and was your mouth out with some Vogon soap, which I am reliably informed tastes like pig dung. :poop: Apparently pig dung is considered a great delicacy on Vogon.

Shocked of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

Seemingly, we are supposed to be making some models. Outrageous I know when we are discussing matters of Galactic importance such as the taste of Vogon soap but this is a modelling site after all, so here goes.

I have been working on improving the fuel matrixes on the engines, mostly achieved by way of drilling squillions of little holes to get a more open appearance. Not content with doing this on the 1/35 kit, I decided that the same process would be needed on Triebflugel Junior. Ignoring an already aching wrist, I got stuck in and sorted that out. My wrist now feels like it is about to fall off.

I think the next best thing to do is to get the 1/48 engine parts ready for painting and get both engines painted up at the same time.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

024.jpg

025.jpg

027.jpg

026.jpg

• Like 4

Are you sure that isn't a tractor seat?

I was in Headingly in January '76 for a drunken weekend, and a couple of times for work reasons in the past three years if that helps?

Oh, and the best that Amazon can do is Camay? is the taste similar? I do know that the smell isn't. I'll have a look under the sink, see what we've got....

• Haha 1

Not familiar with the third one there. Was it Cricket

Good Lord man...are you serious? why, it was only the greatest come-back in sporting history when the English flower arranging team soundly beat Australia by 12 sore bottoms to 1! Ah I remember it like it was yesterday, Bumfluff and Sticky had been out for a duck and the Gubber had snitched a parcel sausage-end and gone goose-over-stumps frog-side. Although, thinking about it, the late bus may well have had something to do with it...:hmmm:

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Are you sure that isn't a tractor seat?

I was in Headingly in January '76 for a drunken weekend, and a couple of times for work reasons in the past three years if that helps?

Oh, and the best that Amazon can do is Camay? is the taste similar? I do know that the smell isn't. I'll have a look under the sink, see what we've got....

Have a taste and let us know how you get on. I should imagine that it will have you foaming at the mouth at least.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

I thought he did that all the time.

According to General Melchett this is so but I have yet to witness it and I thought it would amuse the massive.

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Yawn...just woke up- did I miss any modeling in the interim? That piece does look like it came off of a Farmall or John Deere, not a cannon-armed water rocket!

Mike

I've told you before to pay attention or you will miss something! Were you like this at school?

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

You've another five. Stop complaining.

Always one with the constructive ideas Tony!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

There once was a modeller from Dorset

Who glued bits on whilst wearing a corset

He said with a grin

Whilst wiping his chin

That he'd get General Melchett to Forfeit

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Norman said:

There once was a modeller from Dorset

Who glued bits on whilst wearing a corset

He said with a grin

Whilst wiping his chin

That he'd get General Melchett to Forfeit

And he did! Be careful what you wish for. one of the fair Elaine's ideas for Telford 2020 is Britmodeller does Rocky horror. Being in Oz won't save you as if she gets her way, I shall personally see to it that the most graphic pictures are both posted here and sent PM to you

13 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Ooh, that one's going to leave a mark! I'm fully awake now!

Mike

I thought you would be!

Martian 👽

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Nah- I was too busy drawing airplanes and dogfights to fall asleep!

Mike

Sounds like you were in my class!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

Oh Oh

Now you're worried!

Martian 👽

Bonkers Factor now at 95.30201342281879%. OK Crisp?