Focke Wulfe Triebflugel

Martian

1 minute ago, Martian Hale said:

Can we quote the fifth amendment?

Neither the UK nor Australia has one (and I'm doubtful about Mars). Therefore...

No. You can't. 😛

But it's OK, making a fool of myself is the only reason that I bother staying alive.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rob G said:

Neither the UK nor Australia has one (and I'm doubtful about Mars). Therefore...

No. You can't. 😛

But it's OK, making a fool of myself is the only reason that I bother staying alive.

In that case you are making a fool of yourself! :fool: Not to worry though, its compulsory here and some of us have made a whole career out of it.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Aaaand, he's off...nice forward fuselage for your Trifleflughorn thingy Martian, 

Looks like we have a plan then! Perhaps the good General could provide some reference material as to colour schemes and any specific modifications required? We do, of course have to see if we can get round Mme Corsaircorp to see if we can get 2021 arrive a year early.

Well I was thinking of a natty little off the shoulder RLM 81 number interlaced with a hint of RLM 76, a dash of RLM 82 and to top the whole ensemble off, a twist of RLM 28...mods, easy a Rhinemetall-Borsig,15cm Waffentrager strapped to the nose and a pair of Fritz-Xs cuddling the lower fuselage.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Aaaand, he's off...nice forward fuselage for your Trifleflughorn thingy Martian, 

Well I was thinking of a natty little off the shoulder RLM 81 number interlaced with a hint of RLM 76, a dash of RLM 82 and to top the whole ensemble off, a twist of RLM 28...mods, easy a Rhinemetall-Borsig,15cm Waffentrager strapped to the nose and a pair of Fritz-Xs cuddling the lower fuselage.

There you are CC, I told you he would come good!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Thunder pants? Thunder pants? I'm wide awake now! The smell of drying filler and the sound of screaming women! (Two can play this game, chaps!)

Mike

I am sooo ashamed of what I just said!

Thunder Pants? Here we are:

IMG-3677.jpg

49063937577-2ac49d7d81-b.jpg

Now you are sorry!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thunder Pants? Here we are:

IMG-3677.jpg

49063937577-2ac49d7d81-b.jpg

Is it somehow related to the Hurricane???

🤔😲😁

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

My eyes! My eyes! I can't unsee that which I have just seen!

Me too...how can I fall asleep now?  How to come to the model show now?

😂

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 3

Working Martian from behind and doing my level best to look like my avatar, we traversed the hallowed halls. You know it's funny how XXXXL Thunderpants add pounds to the waistline...:whistle: (or could it be all the cream buns and Old Moorhen's Shredded Sporran?)

Not sure if we were present at the worlds greatest modelling event, attending a Rocky Horror Show convention or auditioning for the Village People......strangely, mothers quickly scooped up their young and grown men wept as we walked/drove/scythed our way through the gathered masses, can't think why. 

1-IMG-3696.jpg

Well, Serge, you could always come in costume....in fact it could become compulsory:shutup:

Edited by general melchett
  • Haha 8

9 hours ago, 72modeler said:

My eyes! My eyes! I can't unsee that which I have just seen!

Mike

I fear there may be worse to come. My costumier says she is already working on a whole new look for next year. Be afraid, be very afraid, I know I am!

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Working Martian from behind and doing my level best to look like my avatar, we traversed the hallowed halls. You know it's funny how XXXXL Thunderpants add pounds to the waistline...:whistle: (or could it be all the cream buns and Old Moorhen's Shredded Sporran?)

Not sure if we were present at the worlds greatest modelling event, attending a Rocky Horror Show convention or auditioning for the Village People......strangely, mothers quickly scooped up their young and grown men wept as we walked/drove/scythed our way through the gathered masses, can't think why. 

1-IMG-3696.jpg

Well, Serge, you could always come in costume....in fact it could become compulsory:shutup:

Many a true word General. In a rather spooky coincidence, Mrs Martian was waiting for the lift to the competition area, unaware that I was descending in the very same lift. She said that the effect created as the lift doors opened was very much like that created by Frank N Furter on his initial entrance in the Rocky Horror Show. Both she and my costumier, the fair Elaine now think that all Britmodellers should go to Telford dressed as characters form the show. Try sleeping with the image of our very own Melchett dressed as Frank N Furter! :yikes:

6 hours ago, Aardvark said:

How can you not? It would be an experience that we can guarantee you will never forget! :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

There you are CC, I told you he would come good!

Martian 👽

My idea !!

But the general received words from his ancestor....

Erwin Von Melchetter was a Kriegsmarine officer, and he was involved in the navalized version of the Triebflugel...

Wait for mine, brain is boiling....

Not Fritz X but Hs 298, reinforced undercarriage and so on....:evil_laugh:

But the idea of a Diables rouges Triebflugel is also very tempting...

A belgian pilots from 609th Sqdn bring one back in Belgium....

And after a good paint  (pint) job, used it on airshows...

So, I'll buy 2 triebflugel for Telford 2021...

It will surely take 2 years to complete this lunacy !!

@Mike will avoid SMW in 2 years... For his own sanity...

Did I mention that I dislike completely Luft waffel 1946 ?? But The martian got me in this idea, :banghead:

Oh !! Another detail !! As the Belgian Air Farce was poorely funded, Frank Van Westmaale received some funding from yhe monk of Chimay....

A belgian pilot instructed in UK, named Van Westmaale receiving funds from Chimay is a cunning plan however...

The guys from IPMS Belgium did'nt appreciate my weirdness, after that they will put a bounty on my head...

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:blink2:

spacer.png

I fear so ladies!

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

My idea !!

But the general received words from his ancestor....

Erwin Von Melchetter was a Kriegsmarine officer, and he was involved in the navalized version of the Triebflugel...

Wait for mine, brain is boiling....

Not Fritz X but Hs 298, reinforced undercarriage and so on....:evil_laugh:

But the idea of a Diables rouges Triebflugel is also very tempting...

A belgian pilots from 609th Sqdn bring one back in Belgium....

And after a good paint  (pint) job, used it on airshows...

So, I'll buy 2 triebflugel for Telford 2021...

It will surely take 2 years to complete this lunacy !!

@Mike will avoid SMW in 2 years... For his own sanity...

Did I mention that I dislike completely Luft waffel 1946 ?? But The martian got me in this idea, :banghead:

Oh !! Another detail !! As the Belgian Air Farce was poorely funded, Frank Van Westmaale received some funding from yhe monk of Chimay....

A belgian pilot instructed in UK, named Van Westmaale receiving funds from Chimay is a cunning plan however...

The guys from IPMS Belgium did'nt appreciate my weirdness, after that they will put a bounty on my head...

Sincerely.

CC

That's it, blame the Martian! Like you ever needed any encouragement to do something bonkers?

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

And, this is news CC?

Hardly, I just looked on the European section of the BBC News website and it seems to have been considered so commonplace as to not be worth a mention!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, general melchett said:

Well, Serge, you could always come in costume.

I always wear on

oficial  reception 

Svidetel_from_Fryazino.jpg

and solemn events a costume.... sport costume:

Svidetel.jpg

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 4

In-between all the banter, I did manage a decent session at the bench today. First up, I finished putting the forward fuselage structure together. I can now work on it as a separate  unit. prior to fitting it to the fuselage itself. I think that I am only going to have the gun bays open on one side of the fuselage in order that the lines of the aircraft can be better appreciated on the other.

I always try and identify and address any potential problems with a kit as soon as possible in the build process. It is easier to fix things at this stage and once they have been dealt with, the project becomes more relaxed and enjoyable. One area that I had identified as a potential problem area was the collar that holds the rotors. This needs to be the best possible fit to allow for the smooth shape of the airframe. Sadly, in this case this is not so. The forward end of the collar is belled out slightly, most likely part of the moulding process as the plastic is thicker here. The cure is set about the collar with a large flat file until it is a perfect cylinder. The kit also requires the modeller to fit three mounting lugs to the collar to take the rotors. These are not a very good fit and require filling and sanding. each of these lugs feature a flange where the rotors are attached. There is precious little chance of these flanges surviving all the filling and sanding so I did not even try and preserve them and instead punched some new flanges from .10 'thou plastic card. I shall detail them when they are set. I think that the forward and after sections of the fuselage will need some slight dressing to improve the fit still further but clearly this will have to wait until they are glued together.

Thanks for looking, the mayhem may now resume!

Martian 👽

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

• Like 10

27 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Looks like a blender with MG151's at this stage! Nice work on the collar, though!

Mike

Thanks Mike, I think it is the shape of the fuselage, with the nose cap on that is, that attracts me so much to this design. I also like the fact that it was more than a pie in the sky idea and that real work was being done on it. I would love to see the whole of the  Focke-Wulf brochure on the design.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aardvark said:

I always wear on

oficial  reception 

Svidetel_from_Fryazino.jpg

and solemn events a costume.... sport costume:

Svidetel.jpg

😉😁

B.R.

Serge

That is deeply disturbing!

Concerned of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, that's that done....what's next Martian... oh, wait, there's more?

Seriously, do you think the collars will hold, mein Kapitan? looks a bit dicey in there if it's not a tight fit. If the rotor locating points aren't that substantial/long I think I'd consider an ali sleeve and sliding rod just to be on the safe side. They look like they have the potential of drooping under pressure, not unlike myself!  Nice to see progress amid all the waffle :whistle: 

That is deeply disturbing!

I think he blends in perfectly...good for a spot of foreign diplomacy...her Ma'amness looks suitably amused.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I fear so ladies!

:analintruder: Outrageous! That lil' lass making fun of the General...? How dare she? I've just found out about it when the notifications popped up, Andy. Making it on my back, and making the lil' cousin a part of the crime. :o She's having both her wrists slapped.

She ought to better up her Photoshop skills before she goes posting such inflammatory stuff on my behalf. I shall ne'er leave the computer online when Astrid is dropping in on us; ever!

Apologise to both Martian and Andy. 

Cheers,

Unc2

PS: Those are very nice pants, Melchie. :worthy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

Well, that's that done....what's next Martian... oh, wait, there's more?

Seriously, do you think the collars will hold, mein Kapitan? looks a bit dicey in there if it's not a tight fit. If the rotor locating points aren't that substantial/long I think I'd consider an ali sleeve and sliding rod just to be on the safe side. They look like they have the potential of drooping under pressure, not unlike myself!  Nice to see progress amid all the waffle :whistle: 

I think he blends in perfectly...good for a spot of foreign diplomacy...her Ma'amness looks suitably amused.

Thanks General, as it happens, some form of brass strengthening is already on the Martian radar as we wouldn't want to see any drooping round here. Quiet Mrs Martian!

4 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: Outrageous! That lil' lass making fun of the General...? How dare she? I've just found out about it when the notifications popped up, Andy. Making it on my back, and making the lil' cousin a part of the crime. :o She's having both her wrists slapped.

She ought to better up her Photoshop skills before she goes posting such inflammatory stuff on my behalf. I shall ne'er leave the computer online when Astrid is dropping in on us; ever!

Apologise to both Martian and Andy. 

Cheers,

Unc2

PS: Those are very nice pants, Melchie. :worthy:

Sorry to disappoint you Uncle Uncool but those pictures reflect real events and no Photoshop was needed. The General donned his battle pants of his own free will and no coercion was required {well, none to speak of). For Elaine's part, she claims she was only obeying orders albeit somewhat enthusiastically. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Today's efforts have seen the rear fuselage being glued together, along with the rest of the fins and rudders. I wanted to get this bit under my belt as it is crucial that the model sits properly on all four points of the fins and I needed to know whether any correction work was required. All seems to be well and I have had the model sitting on all four out riggers. These are currently setting prior to being cleaned up.

Thus far, the kit seems to be going together very well with only small  amounts of filler being needed. Famous last words I know but, by my standards, if things carry on the way they are going with this kit, don't see this being too long a build.

The next job is to begin addressing the issue of strengthening the rotor root as highlighted by General Melchett. I suspect Albion Alloy's brass tubing will be playing a role here, As you Earthlings say, watch this space!

Thanks for looking 

Martian 👽

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

• Like 6

On 11/17/2019 at 6:24 PM, general melchett said:

And, this is news CC?

Definitely No, it last since that wonderfull year of 1963...

Even wonderfull for St Emilion's grape.... and ensuing beverage....

On 11/17/2019 at 8:41 PM, Martian Hale said:

I fear so ladies!

That's it, blame the Martian! Like you ever needed any encouragement to do something bonkers?

Hardly, I just looked on the European section of the BBC News website and it seems to have been considered so commonplace as to not be worth a mention!

Martian 👽

You know me too much dear tentacled one...

I also have a great taste to put myself in weird straits !!

I did'nt blame the martian at all, it could have been far worse than the twins triebflugel...

A twin triebflugel ???:wicked:

No ! no! forget that immediately !!

A night fighter twin triebflugel with radar pods, rockets and fuel tanks....

Any candidate ??

Do not forget the synchronisation device for the rotors, We need the sound advice of an helicopter guru

someone like @Ex-FAAWAFU... Just sayin'

Enthusiast CC

• Haha 3