Focke Wulfe Triebflugel

Martian

A while back @Mike stated that if I had not got the Amusing Hobby kit of this totally bonkers aircraft on order, he would be a monkey's  uncle. I am delighted to report that he has in fact been spared this particular ordeal as I now have both the 1/48 Amusing Hobby and the 1/35 Mini Art kits sitting safely in the stash.

The initial plan, at least before the usual mayhem starts, is to do a straight build of the larger kit and use the Amusing Hobby offering to do a diorama. A certain General of the Parish has already promised to weigh in on the creative side of the diorama so there should be plenty of laughs there! I should have preferred the diorama to have been in the larger scale but size considerations have to come into play.

There is a reasonable amount of information and even a book on this subject, so I will be looking to add a reasonable amount of detail to the models, at least when I have managed to recover my book from behind the radiator where it slipped just prior to Telford! I shall be using the excellent brass undercarriage set that @Ali62 of Aerocraft Models made for the 1/48 kit as the supplied undercarriage is going to be way too fragile.

Anyway, lets see where these bonkers kits lead us...…………..

Martian 👽

004.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

002.jpg

• Like 17

Well, the first laugh is on me, in endeavouring to recover the necessary reference from behind the radiator, I ended up half buried in a collapse of books and kits. Maybe it was the first installment of @general melchett's much heralded revenge for the events of Telford, I have visions of him doing some strange voodoo dance around a small model of an alien in the darkest wilds of Lincolnshire.

Anyway our primary reference source is now recovered and following a restorative beer or three, battle will commence......

Bruised of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

in the darkest wilds of Lincolnshire

Contrary to popular belief, Lincolnshire does have electrickery. Of course in reality, in every barn is a bloke pedaling furiously.

It looks like I'm first in the queue for this one. I've brought the sleeping bag (I wish she'd wake up) a cheese sarnie and a bottle of cold tea.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Contrary to popular belief, Lincolnshire does have electrickery. Of course in reality, in every barn is a bloke pedaling furiously.

It looks like I'm first in the queue for this one. I've brought the sleeping bag (I wish she'd wake up) a cheeses sarnie and a bottle of cold tea.

Welcome on board Pete, although you may well need something a wee bit stronger than cold tea as this thread develops. Especially when our esteemed General graces us with his promised presence! :frantic:

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Last I heard he was on civil defence duty, trying to dry out Waddington with an Army surplus stirrup pump.

So long as that's all he does with the stirrup pump. I mean, he does have previous.

Concerned of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

Hmmm, Luckily the racehorse involved eventually made a full recovery and went on to have a successful career at Doncaster. 

Of course, some might consider a racehorse running a flower stall on Donny market to be odd, but hey, it's a funny old world.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Hmmm, Luckily the racehorse involved eventually made a full recovery and went on to have a successful career at Doncaster. 

Of course, some might consider a racehorse running a flower stall on Donny market to be odd, but hey, it's a funny old world.

As an alien who has visited that part of the world and who has seen the General wearing his battle Y- Fronts, a horse of the racing variety or otherwise, running a stall, would not cause us to raise any of our multiple eyebrows. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I like the triebflugel I was quite disappointed that there were so many it’s available as I was pretty much gearing up to scratchbuild one but haven’t. Only last week I was seriously considering buying the same 1/32 kit in my ( not so) local model shop. So will be watching. 

Plus I sort of like the general insanity ( no I don’t mean Melchett) of these threads. 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I like the triebflugel I was quite disappointed that there were so many it’s available as I was pretty much gearing up to scratchbuild one but haven’t. Only last week I was seriously considering buying the same 1/32 kit in my ( not so) local model shop. So will be watching. 

Plus I sort of like the general insanity ( no I don’t mean Melchet) of these threads. 

Welcome to the insanity Marklo and the General promised his "support and encouragement" at Telford, Pete in Lincs has got off to a flying start so what could possibly go wrong? 

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, billn53 said:

I’m in :popcorn:

I thought you might be but you are more than welcome. The more the merrier or is that sillier?

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

I thought you might be but you are more than welcome. The more the merrier or is that sillier?

Martian 👽

Yes, this is just the kind of machine a Martian would fly. 🛸

• Haha 2

Just now, billn53 said:

Yes, this is just the kind of machine a Martian would fly. 🛸

I wondered who would be the first to point that out.

Unsurprised of Mars 👽

• Haha 1

Especially when our esteemed General graces us with his promised presence! 

He's here.....in full battle dress and Y-Fronts, ready to pucker down for the Big Push.

Last I heard he was on civil defence duty, trying to dry out Waddington with an Army surplus stirrup pump.

I completely resemble that remark Pete....Scurrilous and completely inaccurate.....it's a leaf blower...well, you have to move with the times and I'm not with the Civil Defence this time...it's the Faldingworth ladies, Over 80 Choral Society...they're a game old bunch, ready to don their concert wellies and bully orf at a moments notice.

As an alien who has visited that part of the world and who has seen the General wearing his battle Y- Fronts, a horse of the racing variety or otherwise, running a stall, would not cause us to raise any of our multiple eyebrows. 

Yes, well, honour (and I use the term very lightly) had to be stored to what remains of the regiment, sometimes grave sacrifices have to be made.

Welcome to the insanity Marklo and the General promised his "support and encouragement" at Telford, Pete in Lincs has got off to a flying start so what could possibly go wrong? 

Couldn't possibly imagine.:coolio: 

Let the mayhem commence...

• Haha 5

Would somebody nudge me awake when the actual model building commences? I was laughing so hard at the snappy banter that my sides ached and I had to lie down for a while. Oh my- the madcap antics and verbal fisticuffs of Melchett and Martian...what a pair!

Mike

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, limeypilot said:

This could be interesting. Will you be building it in MDF (Martian Defence Force) colours?

Ian

No but there was some discussion at Telford of some of us going for a BM line up of Triebflugels during which it was suggested that @corsaircorp might do one in Les Diables Rouges colours.

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Would somebody nudge me awake when the actual model building commences? I was laughing so hard at the snappy banter that my sides ached and I had to lie down for a while. Oh my- the madcap antics and verbal fisticuffs of Melchett and Martian...what a pair!

Mike

WAKE UP THEN! There is an update immediately following my answering of people's posts so pay attention that Earthling!

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

No, not General Melchett's thunder pants! I meant actual modelling has commenced! There will now be a brief pause while those of a more fragile disposition have a quick lay down to recover from this momentous news,  Not you @72modeler, you have already had your nap.

After much dithering as to which of the two kits I wanted to kick off with, I settled on the Mini Art 1/35 effort. Most aircraft builds start with the cockpit but this one really starts with the forward fuselage. This involves not only the construction of the cockpit structure, but also the structure of the gun bays and leads us to the first heads ups of this build. The parts of this kit seem to be made to a very high tolerance and need to be cleaned up very carefully if everything is to fit together properly. The next point is that the kit provides upper and lower parts for the cockpit tub  and these do require a smear of filler as otherwise they show a very visible join. This has put a stop to this evenings proceedings as the need for the filler to dry prevents me adding the rest of the forward fuselage structure. Having used Vallejo putty, I anticipate having this stage of proceedings sorted tomorrow. When that is setting, I shall most likely make a start on the Amusing Hobby kit.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

No but there was some discussion at Telford of some of us going for a BM line up of Triebflugels during which it was suggested that @corsaircorp might do one in Les Diables Rouges colours.

WAKE UP THEN! There is an update immediately following my answering of people's posts so pay attention that Earthling!

Martian 👽

Hello Dear tentacled one

Sooo !! You know that it's not necessary to tempt me into something stupid weird...

Les diables rouges ?? I tend to stick to my idea of representing the triebflugel of Oberfeldwebel Von Melchetter... 

You know ?? The saxon cousin of our estimed @general melchett

Dancing some voodoo incantations with his war underpants... Mmmmh Funny enough !!

Well, I will buy a 1/48 Triebflugel for SMW 2021...:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

And some more rocket fuel... But that was obvious !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

👽Hello Dear tentacled one

Sooo !! You know that it's not necessary to tempt me into something stupid weird...

Les diables rouges ?? I tend to stick to my idea of representing the triebflugel of Oberfeldwebel Von Melchetter... 

You know ?? The saxon cousin of our estimed @general melchett

Dancing some voodoo incantations with his war underpants... Mmmmh Funny enough !!

Well, I will buy a 1/48 Triebflugel for SMW 2021...:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

And some more rocket fuel... But that was obvious !!

Sincerely.

CC

Looks like we have a plan then! Perhaps the good General could provide some reference material as to colour schemes and any specific modifications required? We do, of course have to see if we can get round Mme Corsaircorp to see if we can get 2021 arrive a year early.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Rob G said:

Umm no, it's a plastic model aeroplane.

Or was that a trick question and have I just made a fool of myself?

:D

Can we quote the fifth amendment?

Martian 👽

• Haha 1