Reputation rating reduction - what have I done wrong?

Wez

I get the feeling I've been banished to the naughty step or something.

Yesterday I had a community rating approaching 3800 but now it's just below 3300 - a loss of about 500.  Have I done something wrong?  Has anybody else noticed this or have I been given a reason to take it personally and become even more paranoid?

Anything I should know about?

• Like 2

Just now, Vince1159 said:

Mine's dropped down to 2,734 from 5,000 plus,i've really upset someone....

The naughty step is bigger than I thought!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Recounted, so we all took a hit. Threads that have been culled, for sale and chat etc. (We clear out every so often) no longer count. 

Besides which, it’s the quality of your next post that you are gauged on ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Greg B said:

Recounted, so we all took a hit. Threads that have been culled, for sale and chat etc. (We clear out every so often) no longer count. 

Besides which, it’s the quality of your next post that you are gauged on ;)

Aah, housekeeping and stuff, looks like I've got plenty of company on the naughty step then.

Fair enough.

5 hours ago, Ratch said:

Is it really that important?

Not in the slightest, I'd just noticed something had happened and wondered what was going on, simple idle curiosity that's all.

• Like 4

I spoke to @Mike last night about this very subject - he's just had an operation and is finding it difficult to type, but did come back to me with the same answer - good man.

It is exactly as @Greg B says - old chat threads that have been dormant for ages get binned after a while and the reactions go with them.

But look on the bright side - the more reactions you lost - the more you must be liked :)

Steve

• Haha 2

My God! It’s hit me too! 😱

Now I’m back below 4000 my wife might leave me! 😳

The bank might want to take the family home. 🥺

With less than 4000, people might mistake me for some sort of nerd! 🤓

Must go and find @CedB though. At one point he had more than 40,000 IIRC. This might have clipped his wings a little! 😏

• Haha 10

No... just checked.

He’s currently got 48,387 likes and has ‘won the day’ 331 times! 😳

I haven’t ‘Won the day’ even once! Not even when I finished AE2 after a years work! 😢

Still - I don’t care... I’m far too hard and street-wise and ‘with it’ to even notice stuff like that. Nahhhh I don’t care. Far too cool for that stuff me! 😎

yep.... I don’t care... 😔

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

One thing though if our rep has dropped why hasn't our post count?....

Hi Vince - if you post in a lot of the chat threads then check your post count - you'll find it hasn't gone up - so...

If they were never logged - they wouldn't be lost in the cull.  It is mainly creating or responding to WIP & RFI threads that increase your post count.

It's still a bit of a bummer though - I noticed one member has lost about 3000 'points' for want of a better word OUCH... 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ratch said:

Is it really that important?

yup, it is. I play a game and set a target and when I reach it I make a donation to BM.  I was just about 4 'likes' off the next target

I lost about 1300

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BIG X said:

Hi Vince - if you post in a lot of the chat threads then check your post count - you'll find it hasn't gone up - so...

If they were never logged - they wouldn't be lost in the cull.  It is mainly creating or responding to WIP & RFI threads that increase your post count.

It's still a bit of a bummer though - I noticed one member has lost about 3000 'points' for want of a better word OUCH... 

Thanks BigX,i know the Chat threads don't count but was just curious as to why the post count hadn't moved because some of the threads in the RFI Aircraft/Figures and Dio's which i look at and reply to a fair bit must've been deleted from when i joined in 2015.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

Thanks BigX,i know the Chat threads don't count but was just curious as to why the post count hadn't moved because some of the threads in the RFI Aircraft/Figures and Dio's which i look at and reply to a fair bit must've been deleted from when i joined in 2015.....

As you posted it twice I gave you two likes to boost your score.

Don't get too fond of them as they'll probably be splatted at the net cull.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

With less than 4000, people might mistake me for some sort of nerd!

Gidday, being a relatively new member this may not have affected me much, and I've no idea what my rating was before I was aware of this issue. By Mr Bandsaw's definition above I currently rate about 1/7th of a nerd! 😯 Still, I guess that is better than 1/8th or 1/10th of a nerd (I think 🤭😁 Regards to all, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3