Jaguar E-Type (1963) 1/8 scale

Thanks, it's the DeA kit. With the addition of many self-made parts, if you like I put the wip link at the end of the last photo. 

Edited by mirage
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, mirage said:

Thanks, it's the Dea kit. With the addition of many self-made parts, if you like I put the wip link at the end of the last photo. 

thank you guys 🙏.

On 14/11/2019 at 19:36, mirage said:

Thanks, it's the DeA kit. With the addition of many self-made parts, if you like I put the wip link at the end of the last photo. 

Sorry, can't read your WIP, never heard of DeA bit it looks nice 😎

DeA like  DeAgostini👍. In reality the kit is very essential and full of screws, which I replaced with bolts and nuts and I reconstructed many missing parts. Strange that you can't access the wip🤔 , I'll put the link back on.

http://www.modellismo.net/forum/statico-work-progress/129432-jaguar-e-type-1963-1-8-scale-dea.html

Edited by mirage

Beautifully done! I totally agree that this is one of the most beautiful designs ever and this model is by far the best scale representation of it. The wheels alone are stunning.

Wish there was something approaching this realism in 1:24th.

many thanks. In 1/8 scale the kits are always very simplified, the beauty is that by putting your hand in it you can make almost everything, like upholstery, etc. In 1/24 scale it is impossible to look for many more compromises that in photos or live simulate a more or less high realism based on the qualities of the model maker. While in 1/8 there are no compromises, if not details, do not eliminate screws, do not do upholstery work and a non-coloring not at the top, does not make and becomes a toy style.

Is this kit better than the Revell one? I worked on a couple of these back when I did autobody and prepping. Never the third door type, just the roadsters. This is what I remember seeing, the underhood detail looks bang on. These are a very attractive car. Never got a ride in one :(

35 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

Is this kit better than the Revell one? I worked on a couple of these back when I did autobody and prepping. Never the third door type, just the roadsters. This is what I remember seeing, the underhood detail looks bang on. These are a very attractive car. Never got a ride in one :(

Thanks, compared to revell at the level of detail a little more, but the bodywork, rims, suspensions, flame arrester and engine block are in metal, good as resistance but not very functional to apply extradetailes and various modifications.

• Thanks 1