New member from Michigan in the US.....

BlueNosers352nd

Well, I signed up last fall in the hopes that it would spark some building time, but that never happened.  Haven't had much motivation for any of my main hobbies (Woodworking, Photography, Models) over that past couple years.  The one hobby that has gotten most of my attention, but not a lot with zero motivation, is woodworking.  I also do photography, but that has I haven't done any of that since basically Fall 2018.

So as my username would suggest..........I like Blue Nosed Mustangs.  I build mostly 1/48 Allied Aircraft but might have strayed a few times.  Been playing World of Warships over the past few years and that's made me want to do some ships.

Here are a couple of my builds......from years past.

Tamiya 1/48 P-51D with custom printed decals.

spacer.png

1/48 Roden Junkers D.I (IPMS USA Review Kit).  Decals were a bugger with all that corrugation.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Hello Bluenosers... :post1: from across the Lake in Chicago. Very nice models i too like the Blue noses, but have others equally in my favorites column. Just an FYI there is a Mustang group build starting on December 14th. If you perhaps might be interested go ahead and check it out. 

Dennis 

2 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday and welcome aboard. What ships, era and scale interests you? Regards, Jeff.

Nothing in particular really.  Kinda intrigued by stuff in epoxy/resin bases rather than on a stand.  Built a 1/700 USS Los Angeles SSN-688 several years ago because it was cheap and on sale at Sprue Brothers.  It was a innocent victim of a resin accident.    Built a 1/700 German WWII sub that's on a simple water base.   Have a Trumpeter 1/700 USS Minneapolis and a Tamiya 1/350 USS Fletcher with some photoetch fiddly bits that I bought last year.  Not sure why I bought the photo etch.........glutten for punishment I guess.

Gidday, I've got two of the Fletchers but haven't done them yet, I prefer 1/600 scale as most of my ships are Airfix vessels. I bought them because of the very good price at a closing down sale. Also an IJN Tone and Mikuma in 1/350, bought for the same reason. Maybe one day I'll summon enough courage to actually open the boxes. I've got a small stash of 1/700 ships, mainly USN and IJN, and again bought at reduced prices when available, mainly to be a source of measurements if I scratch-build them in 1/600. I'll be very interested when you build yours. Regards, Jeff.