This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
TEXANTOMCAT

'Don't you yell at ME, Mister Warwick!' Battle of Britain Movie Hurricane, Sywell 1968

This is the lovely Airfix 1/48 Hurricane which I thoroughly enjoyed building  - it went together like a dream and is criminally underrated IMHO.... 

Part of the BOB film was shot at Sywell and I knew I wanted to do a Hurricane for a display at Sywell Aviation Museum but I wanted the viewer to realise it was 'set' in 1968 not 1940 hence the use of the Kodak van! I had to add 'Suzannah York' too - courtesy of the Revell/ICM set.... 

ATB

TT

49064329808_abe6a66081_k.jpg12747974_10153326251925976_89420073086534765_o by Ben Brown, on Flickr

What a great idea.

Lovely job on that Ben, a nice bit of atmosphere & you've caught it so well. :)

Steve.

What? No camera, film crew and trolley tracks? 😉 And where'e the exploding hangar??? hee hee hee...

Another lovely little dio. I think I might have to make a trip down to Sywell next year to see more!

Keep up the great work, TT

Cheers

Kev

Thanks Kev- I knocked this together to go in the same display. It helps when the full size was 500yards away from the Museum at Air Leasing at Sywell...

Hobbbycraft Buchon and I bought an old Monogram 109G and nicked the cockpit. My first ever try at plunge moulding to do the canopy...

49068844891_76a05a1dbf_k.jpg13737469_10153653398615976_2154917720113296042_o by Ben Brown, on Flickr

ATB 

TT

Lovely little diorama.

I remember the movie scene well!

Still one of my all-time favourite films to this day.

:goodjob: